USB Jack Dust Cover

jeffreylam1132

I was wondering is it necessary to have the usb port on the radion cover. I lost mine and find it outrageously crazy that these covers cost $9. I know $9 is nothing in this hobby, but not for a little piece of rubber.

I thought the same thing when I saw the price, it's highway robbery; then add shipping on top of that.

With that being said, IMO it is important to cover the usb port to avoid damage to the device. A small piece of electrical tape "may" work just as well.

Thanks for the link. Are they the right size and perfect fit?
They look a little different to me.

USBCap.gif

Thanks for the link. Are they the right size and perfect fit?

You need a micro USB cover. These are micro USB covers. They fit perfectly. Only difference is the Radion covers are a soft rubber, and the Best Bytes are hard plastic.

They look a little different to me.

USBCap.gif

They may look different to you, but they fit perfectly. I would not have provided the link if they didn't.

You need a micro USB cover. These are micro USB covers. They fit perfectly. Only difference is the Radion covers are a soft rubber, and the Best Bytes are hard plastic.

They may look different to you, but they fit perfectly. I would not have provided the link if they didn't.
AcroporAddict, I apologize if I happend to offend you, but the plugs do look different.

I gave this a little more thought. When the rubber meets the road, is it worth saving $4 to $9 dollars, to plug the port with anything other than Ecotech factory parts, with lights that are this expensive?

It's $9 for 3 of them. Still pretty expensive. I know because I just had to order a replacement.

AcroporAddict, I apologize if I happend to offend you, but the plugs do look different.

I gave this a little more thought. When the rubber meets the road, is it worth saving $4 to $9 dollars, to plug the port with anything other than Ecotech factory parts, with lights that are this expensive?

You didn't offend me. I have these covers in my possession. They fit. Any generic micro USB cover will fit the Radion.

Same decision regarding buying a longer USB->Micro USB programming cord from EcoTech: Pay $15.00 or $2.50 for the same thing elsewhere. Individual decision wether you want a genuine 5 meter Ecotech USB cable or not. They both do the same thing, just like the micro USB covers.

Back