used Iwaki or new Gen-X

wolftig

Hi all, for basically the same price, would you buy a used Iwaki MD40-RT-115NL (not sure how old, seller bought it used, never used it, but inspected the components and said everythings in good condition) or a new Gen-X PCX-30? The two are comparable based on the specs.

Also, the MD40-RT-115NL has basically the same specs as the MD40-RLT. Is that what they used to call the 40RLT way back when?

thanks for the help!

I'd buy the Gen-X It will have some warranty or recourse where the Iwaki wont. In addition the Iwaki has gone through two other hobbyists hands. No real telling what it has been through.

thanks for your input :)

anyone else? are Gen-X good reliable pumps? i'm using an iwaki and a panworld and really like them, but they can get expensive, especially since i'm trying to get two more pumps for a new setup. i read some older posts that said Gen-X are loud...is it really that bad?

again thanks!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9845016#post9845016 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wolftig
thanks for your input :)

anyone else? are Gen-X good reliable pumps? i'm using an iwaki and a panworld and really like them, but they can get expensive, especially since i'm trying to get two more pumps for a new setup. i read some older posts that said Gen-X are loud...is it really that bad?

again thanks!

I run 2 pcx-70s on my system, they perform fine and don't seem any loauder than other 70 class pumps I've heard. However they are louder than my Dart.....

Back