Ushio 20k?

Wd40

What do u guys think about ushio 20k 250w de bulbs.?
There gonna be running on a bluewave(magnetic hqi)..
Thanx
Pics would be nice to

I really like them, can't copy and paste but there are a bunch of pics in my thread ( click the red house) :)

using them as well, same bulb/wattage/ballast and LOVE them... so do the corals. I'm running 4x ATI Blue+ as supplements and the color is amazing. no pics though.

Im using the 150 watt DE versions now. Have used them in every wattage from 150 - 250 and both DE and SE. They are very consistent in color across the wattages and types, one sign of quality bulbs.

I cant get pictures that look true to the actual tank so I wont bother. But they are beautiful bulbs IMO. But if you are looking for a very blue 20K these are not the bulbs. There are bluer halides than the Ushios. They have the blue tint but not as stong as many 20K's and even some 14K's. Good par for a 20K but not the par of whiter lamps.

Bottom line ... great bulbs in terms of color and quality with good par for a 20K lamps. But NOT the bulb if you are looking for as blue a halide as you can find.

DarG
Do you happen to know the PAR numbers for the Ushio 20k DE 250w and the 14k DE 250w?

I run the 14k and thinking about changing to the 20k this fall, i just dont know the Par numbers. Bluewave HQI ballasts.

Check out Sanjay's reef lighting guide for the bulb data. It's labeled as BLV 20k not Ushio.

Yep, check Sanjays. But the difference is signifigant. The 14K measures closer to 10K and they are pretty bright bulbs. I have used both, the 14K is signifigantly brighter.

Back