using an AGA overflow tank *without* a sump?

Rewd

has anyone else ever filled and used a drilled tank with a mega-overflow overflow box before hooking up the sump/plumbing?

my tank is an AGA 75G pre-drilled. The over flow box has three areas for water to flow in, one at the bottom, middle and the top. obviously I don't want any water to flow in to the overflow area with open holes in it but all of my fish are crammed in to such a small tank atm its appalling and I really want to get them out of there asap.

i bought the mega-overflow kit to use with this tank but it was missing one of the bulkheads. in the meantime, while I wait for a replacement (could take up to two weeks :mad2: ), I thought I might fill the tank just high so I can get my new LR and at least get the curing process going

i have a 90AGA with the megaflow...I just filled it up just under the top of overflow(with freshwater) to test my closed loop...no problems that i can see really

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9815063#post9815063 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jasontg99
Why wait two weeks for the bulkhead? Any LFS should carry them. They are very cheap too.

Hmm, didn't know they were universal. Regardless it's on it's way, and if I can just fill the tank and start curing my rock without it might as well just go that route.

Back