UVL Variable HO T5's?

jefathome

I was looking at the MD site for some T5 bulbs and I saw that the UVL bulbs are listed as "Variable" High Output, and then they list two wattages. For example, the 3ftrs might be 39w (standard) / 65 watts.

What do they mean by that? Just that you can overdrive them up to that point?

Ie, is it actually something special, or just another marketing gimic? Being in marketing, I know all about that. ;)

UVL called their (T5) bulbs V-HO. I think it's marketing, since bulbs from other brands can be overdriven in the same manner.

correct.. icecap says the 660 and the 440 do the same thing power wise, just less bulbs ( or feet of bulbs )

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12923384#post12923384 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by painkiller1009
Not necessarily depends on how many feet of bulbs are hooked up.
Right?

Hey Painkiller,
What bulbs are you using in your avatar pic?

I see an actininc two from the left... What is the pink looking one?
And what abuot the sides?

I'm setting up a new 120 (48x20x30 tall)
and Im trying to decide on bulbs to use.

I'm going to have 2 36in bulbs in back (no point in iluminating my overflow) 2 48in bulbs in front, and a 400w 14K MH in the center for peak "sun".

I was thinking about maybe an actinic and Actinic+ on the 36in'rs for early dawn, a 10K and a Aquablue+ in front for late morning, and then the MH for mid-day.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12925477#post12925477 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jefathome
Hey Painkiller,
What bulbs are you using in your avatar pic?

I see an actininc two from the left... What is the pink looking one?
And what abuot the sides?

I'm setting up a new 120 (48x20x30 tall)
and Im trying to decide on bulbs to use.

I'm going to have 2 36in bulbs in back (no point in iluminating my overflow) 2 48in bulbs in front, and a 400w 14K MH in the center for peak "sun".

I was thinking about maybe an actinic and Actinic+ on the 36in'rs for early dawn, a 10K and a Aquablue+ in front for late morning, and then the MH for mid-day.

check his signature..

Back