VA reefers

zenzence

Premium Member
Are there groups in Virginia that trade or work together? Reef central is so huge and everyone is so spread out. Just looking for people in my area or even state that trade and work together.

Thanks
zenx2

The Richmond Reef Club, Hampton Roads Reef Club and the Roanoke Reef Club. Here is the link to the Richmond site here on Reef Central

Richmond Reef Club

Great group of people with lots of experience.

What part of Va. are you in? I'm in Lynchburg.
There is also a Roanoke forum.
<a href="http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?daysprune=1&forumid=319"> Roanoke Valley Forum</a>

Not to hijack your thread, but this would also interest VA reefers im sure. Anyone know any good fish stores within approx 1 hour of Danville, VA, which if you don't know is almost in the center right on the border of NC. Any stores in NC, or VA. Just looking for some suggestions mabye some stores I haven't been to yet. I have been to Aquamains in GB, The Aquarium Center in Kernersville, and PAW in Lynchburg, and last but not least Triangle Tropical in Durham, and other thoughts. I love looking for new LFSs.

There is a small store here in Lynchburg, Just up the road from PAW. It's called JJ's pets. The have a small selection, But it has gotten better over the last few weeks. Prices are half from what PAW has.
Not sure if its worth the drive here just for that. But maybe in a few more weeks it will be. I will keep you posted.

I've been to JJ's but that was a few months ago, so mabye they have gotten better. I might make a trip out of it, go to PAW, and JJS, and poke around Lynchburg while im there, anythings better then Danville :)

Yea they are starting to get better.
The tanks look very clean and the prices are lower than PAW.
Not much of a selection, but it's building slowly
Have you seen any good liverock in the VA area lately? Nothing good here in lynchburg for a few months now.

caughey, not realy, I got my live rock from liveaquadia.com, and it was very nice, and much cheaper then any LFS, as far as selection goes, Aquamains in Greensboro, and Triangle Tropical in Durham seem to have the biggest selection, but it is kinda plain no corraline etc...

Todd2000, there is a store in danville that some of my friends have been to but I dont know what its called. Ask this question in Roanoke valley reef club forum and you will definitely get an answer.

i'm in Arlington. if anyone cares, there is a great store in Alexandria called "wallys aquarium". great service, knowledgable staff.

i'm near DC so, just to let you know. :)

jfloydr theres only 1 store in Danville that carrys Saltwater, World Of Pets, their sellection kinda sucks, but their ok. I will check out the Roanoke forum

oh, i think there is a place in Hernden(did i spell that right?) called the marine scene. also, in Vienna, try to visit the vienna aquarium and pet store. they ahve ALOT of s/w fish and inverts. not as many corals, but lots of fish. :)

Back