Valentini Puffer + inverts

DeadManWalking

i feel kinda wimpy talking about a small valentini while everyone else is talking about lions and sharks but whatever lol.
I have a valentini and was wonder are there any invert thats can be kept with him to help clean the bottom. cuz he gets kinda messy when he eats.

I have a valentini in a full reef with corals, crabs, snails, stars, ect. and he doesnt bother anything except a brain coral but even then, he doesnt kill it, just nips if I miss feeding. I would try crabs but just take it slow and see if he accepts them, otherwise it will just be an expensive meal! Puffers are all different and some will allow you to add inverts and others not so much...I say give it a shot though!

ok thx. well i know he likes to eat nass. snails so i wont buy any more of those. but he leaves my arrow crab alown so i guess ill try another kinda of crab.

My ate 2 turbo snails in one year - it's all. Hermits (maroon, zebra and blue legged) are successfully killing each other, porcelain crab and blood shrimps are fine, but they are always in the caves (where valentini puffer can swim too, so it's not a problem).

Mine never touched the numerous hermits in my tank, but a couple of weeks ago I placed a large turbo snail in the tank and it was destroyed and devoured within 24hours

well wat i noticed was he wont bother my turbo, arrow crab, or hermits but ate my nass. snail and asterea (sp?) snail in a couple days. im going to try some other inverts and see if he bothers them cuz i need a better clean up crew. any suggestions on good clean up crew members?

Back