Vectra support....I'm ticked

dodgerblew

Team RC
So, I received a text and video from my daughter today at work saying my tank was making a loud beeping noise. I could tell from the video it was my Tunze ATO alerting me my sump level was to high. I ran home to see the driver for the vectra was flashing different colors and vectra had no flow. Turned power off on both the ATO and the vectra. Restarted the vectra and it went back to normal, flow started back and tank refilled from sump. All seemed good and returned to work. When I came home things looked normal. A couple hours later I looked at tank and water level had lowered again and vectra not pumping again but driver was lit as if it was working normally. Turned it off and disassembled and cleaned even though nothing out of the ordinary was evident. Reassembled and powered it back up and nothing even though driver shows it's working. Turned it off, unplugged it thinking I'd power cycle it and still doesn't work after plugging it back in. DEAD! This vectra isn't even 9 months old.

Any thoughts? In the meantime, I need to refill tank and I'll just run powerhead for circulation and put a powerhead in sump to keep circulation in there as well until I can figure out a solution.

hang in their. do you have a back up pump. My newest tank has two return pumps just in case one goes bad. If there is anything I can do on my end for you let me know.

No. I got lazy and forgot to get one when I changed in the vectra last spring when Jebao died. I'm just circulating in both tanks and I'm going to put in a heater in dt, turn off doser and dose manually until I get this fixed.

Move heater up to tank above, your powerheads will give you enough movement to keep fish and livestock alive.. I've been doing it for nearly 5 months now.

Call ecotech and get a new one on the way, and order a spare jebao on amazon prime, and get it here tommorow or day after.

If you want to borrow my main pump.. Also a jebao lemme know, but it will take some doing as i need to pull wiring out.. But technically I'm not using it atm.

Thanks Johnny. Ahead of you on heater, already in dt. I left one in sump too so it doesn't get to cold and affect the cheato in reactor. I took reactor off timer so it will run constantly and keep some flow in sump as well. I'm planning on ordering a backup Jebao tomorrow but didn't think of my prime. Good call! I'll be calling Ecotech first thing in morning and hopefully they'll take care of it. In researching it sounds like a bad driver

Hey Rik, I think I have a spare L1 you can borrow or buy. Let me know and I'll see if its where I think it is.

Thanks Art but L1 will be to big for my tank size and sump I think. Mine is an M1. Any thoughts on what you think it might be?

Wishing that things work out for you soon.
I too setup my return pump with a T with one pump at each end. One works while the other one waits to spring into action in case of a failure or repairs or replacement. It happened once at the worst time and I'm glad all I had to do was turn two valves off and two on. Not sure the tank would have made it on a long holiday and not being around the house. Wish there was something I could do to help.

Hope your right Ben. My concern is I bought it in 2016 but just stored it away with a battery backup (which is still in the box) and didn't start using it until last spring. I'm not even sure I registered it. I've got a bad memory

That might be a problem then. You don’t have to register but if it’s been more than a year they might not cover it.

Bad driver. They will cover it. They are awesome about fixing stuff. Just have to wait is the problem.

Some people have had some great help with EcoTech, it's not always 100% but definitely some people have had glowing experiences with them. Hopefully that is the result you get Rik.

Me too. Maybe when I explain to them how many Ecotech products I've purchased and for how long they'll extend me a loyalty solid

Sorry to hear Rik. I'm not sure if it is the same issue your having but a few months back. The vectra I have in our office tank at work did the same thing. The pump would start for a bit and then die. It would keep doing that until finally the pump was completely off but the driver was still on with its colors blinking all over the place. I opened up the driver and was messing with the wireless chip and all that. Restarted the driver and nothing. Last thing I checked was the power supply. Luckily, my co-worker had the vectra I sold him and it was not in use. I swapped out the power supply and everything fired right back up. So if you have an extra power supply laying around. That might solve your issue. HTH

Spoke with Ecotech support. The staff member. Cade, was very helpful and made clear to me that Ecotech will handle as a warranty issue which I think shows the integrity of the company. He requested some pics of the inside of pump and impeller to narrow possible issues down so I pulled it out and took it apart again to do my part and emailed back to Ecotech. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. In the meantime, I'll be buying a more inexpensive backup today and should have one tomorrow

So Ecotech looked at pics and it appears to them that something isn't kosher in the stater and they're concluding that it's a motor issue in pump related to bearings. They're sending out a new motor and a new power supply. Should have it by end of week. Ecotech really stepped up. I ordered a backup Jebao and it'll be here tomorrow. I'll get it hooked up and do a water change. I should be good to go :thumbsup:

Back