Vertex IN100 vs. Bubble Magus BM100

ReefBass

I am looking for a good skimmer for my new 65 gal. that I am building(mixed Reef). I was either thinking of the Vertex IN100 or the Bubble Magus BM100. I am looking for a skimmer with a relative small footprint and max height of 23". Anyone have the good, bad, and the ugly on these skimmers or recomend another. Have seen Pos and Neg for both so far, making my dec. harder. The BM is cheaper but I think the Vertex will be easier to get support if needed? Any thoughts?

I have a Vertex IN 100 on my 55 gallon, and its a great skimmer. Can't say enough good things about it. I think it would suit your tank just fine

Take if from a former owner of a Vertex . Get the Bubble Magnus . It uses an Aquabee pump . That Resun pump on the Vertex sucks .

Thanks MOJO . I could have sworn it was an Aquabee . Anywho as long as it's not a Resun it has my thumbs up .

THe BM skimmer has a good following and A local guy here has one and likes it. The only issue they had when first came out was that you had to use a transformer to get the correct voltage. I cant remember for sure but it was a while back. But that is not the case anymore. You know the vertex is a great skimmer. Its too bad they went with the resun pump. If you get a good one they are great. THey had some quality control issues on the resun pump but the design of the skimmer is great. Both are good skimmers for their price range. If you get one post some pics and give your honest opinion it. Well good luck
Mojo~

Thanks Guys for the feedback so far. Things were a lot easier before the internet when you bought something and just dealt with it, but in todays economy you def. want a educated opinion and buy once. sounds like that they both have good and a few bad, I just need to choose. My only concern with the BM is cust. serv. if i have problems. the vertex seems to have more venues selling them. BM seems to have a regular back order from what I have seen. Be a while before I get one in use as this is a new build and 1st tank in 5 years, as of now just an empty tank with a pile of equipment in the corner of my office hope to get online in next couple of weeks.

Back