Vertex Omega 180i and Ozone Generator help please

x101xARES

I currently have a Vertex Omega 180i and am looking to run an ozone generator and looking for suggestions on how to carbon filter the water and air effluent on this skimmer. Do I just fill a sock with GAC and put it on/under the effluents? Is there a carbon filter product specific to fit to this skimmer's effluents? Also I am looking at getting the Enaly OZAC-50 ozone generator. My question with the generator, can I use my apex and apex ORP probe to control the generator?

GAC in a filter sock tied to the water effluent, and a bag of carbon on top of the skimmer where the air lets out should suffice. Yes, you can use your Apex and ORP probe to control your Enaly generator which would have to b plugged into your EB8.

Good Luck!

GAC in a filter sock tied to the water effluent, and a bag of carbon on top of the skimmer where the air lets out should suffice. Yes, you can use your Apex and ORP probe to control your Enaly generator which would have to b plugged into your EB8.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your response. I am currently just researching and not sure if this is something I want/need to do. My tank first got wet on April 19th and is currently cycling. If I were to go with an ozone setup, is it needed at this moment or should I wait until the tank is stable?

Back