Vertex Omega Skimmers on sale

steamboatreef

I'm not sure if there's a thread to share black Friday deals but I noticed premium aquatics has a killer deal on vertex omega skimmers right now.

The 150 is priced at $250, which is normally $400.

Is the Omega worth it? I feel like there are such mixed reviews.

Also they have the Osmolator for $150

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I really like my 150. It took some time to break in
The only thing I am unhappy about is the pump pinwheel. I bought mine and it sat unused for 18 months because my upgrade was delayed due to a move.it ran for about a year and then the pin wheel broke, because it was out of warranty they didn't cover it even thought it was only used for a year. The replacement was $50 which I suppose wasn't too bad and it was available.

Love my Vertex Omega 150

Love my Vertex Omega 150

I have had my Vertex Omega 150 with the cleaner unit for about a year in a half. I have it on my 90 gallon reef that is heavily stocked. Incredible build quality - It feels and is built better than any other skimmer I have owned. Titanium screws allow for quick disassembly for cleaning and don't react with my reef. A lot of attention to detail and adjustability. I rarely need to adjust after the initial break in period. I get really dark smelly stuff that comes out on a regular basis. I have never had a problem with the motor or pinwheel. I have only 3 things I would engineer differently. I would have used a more flexible hose for ozone as it can come lose easily "“ I don't use ozone, so I just capped the end. On the universal cleaner, I would have put in a quick disconnect for cleaning "“ if you need to unplug, this is not easy to do from the head, easier to unplug. I would have reinforced the drain for the cup. Because the top spins off, if you have a drain connected it can break (I broke one). In the end, this skimmer is well built and performs incredibly well. I would buy it again.

I was unsatisfied with the Vertex 130 until I read a review on Marine Depot recommending that tiny ball valve, which as far as I can tell is not mentioned in directions, be used on air line to adjust foam. From that point on, I was able to adjust water level with gate valve and foam level with ball valve, and skimmer worked well.

Mike

Back