very cool fish

I have heard.... for long term survival rates they need live food to fFlorish. Prepared food doesnt cut it. Similar to a manderin

Like many of the other dragonets this fish needs a constant supply of copepods to live. If you have a large enough tank that has been established for more then a year and you have a fuge you should be able to support this fish.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11635266#post11635266 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ziggy953
Like many of the other dragonets this fish needs a constant supply of copepods to live. If you have a large enough tank that has been established for more then a year and you have a fuge you should be able to support this fish.

I agree--I wouldn't think of having these fish without a dedicated refugium to producing copopods for them.

well thats the reason i bought it i have to many pods looks like my sand is crawling. i dont understand if the fish eats frozen and flakes why could it not survive long term on that

nutrition. its the food chain deal. they can and will decimate a population of pods in no time. See they go after the size of pods that are able to reproduce. Once they knock those off they go after everything else. frozen and flakeare a great way to supplement their natural food soucre but will not be able to thrive on just prepared foods. set up a fuge or head to the coast to net real food. Our aquariums are un natural by all means and we can never duplicate their natural enviroment.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11635394#post11635394 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by zippopunk1
what do u think about the pods that u can buy online

The live one's will work. It just might get expensive at $20 to $25 a bottle...

well how often would i have to add them. the other thing is ive heard that a lot of times they dont send u pods ive heard people say they got things like red bugs

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11635491#post11635491 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by zippopunk1
well how often would i have to add them. the other thing is ive heard that a lot of times they dont send u pods ive heard people say they got things like red bugs

Not true. Try Ocean Pods.

Tigger pods from Reef Nutrition. Add them to a refugium to propagate every few week and eventually you will have a breeding population. it is better to get them locally if you can though, and make sure they are stored refrigerated with the top popped open. They will suffocate if the top is closed.

Back