Very cool new addition to my reef/ Fish Related

streetjudge79

I saw this little guy at a store on Bird Rd which shall remain nameless..lol, I fell in love with him as soon as I saw him. I've never seen one before in person. It's a peppermint Hogfish from Africa.. I snagged him at a decent price to, he was $110.00. I was told online these go for $200 and up. I couldn't pass him up.
He's a free swimmer, doesn't hide and started feeding within 5 minutes in my tank.
Enjoy the pics.

Steve

P8080001.jpg

P8080005.jpg

P8080006.jpg

P8080010.jpg

ReefWreak

BEAUTIFUL! I love that fish. I think Del had one but it sold quickly. I'd love to get a fish like that, but I can't add any more fish. Anyway, congrats on a beautiful fish!

stagcrazy

the onnly prob with these is they are jumpers i have had 2 and they both jumped out and i have an enclosed canopy, go figure besides that u can train them to eat pellets.

nivram

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15499105#post15499105 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by streetjudge79
Well, sadly he disappeared today. $110.00 down the drain!
Man am I ticked!

Keep the faith. If nothing was picking on it. Maybe it will come back out.

streetjudge79

Na, he's gone. He was swimming all day yesterday with nothing picking on him. I just fed the tank and he didn't come out. No idea what happened to him. He can't jump out of my tank either so that is ruled out. Man, I am sooo upset. The first time I've ever seen that fish in person and it's dead less than 24 hours later. ARGHHHHH I hate this hobby sometimes!

nivram

I feel your pain. Last week I bought a nice Solorensis wrasse and my 6 line kept picking on it to the point it hid and I couldnt find it to move to another tank. It's been gone since.

ghstrider

Steve, same happened to me bro.... I bought a male leopard at the same store and very next day it was dead. the leopard went into the sand after his acclimation then the next day I look for him in the area he buried himself and I see him laying dead. Just weird.

I saw your fish brfore you bought him and thought about it but it was a bit too much for me but he sure was beautiful. Sorry for your loss.

streetjudge79

Hogfish don't usually hide like that do they? He was out the minute I added him in the tank, even eating, out all day until the lights went out. Either my anenomes ate him or maybe some kind of crab that I can't see...He was healthy as could be.