Very sad video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously this video is graphically painful and is a good starting point for getting people involved/aware. Unfortunately, it doesn't begin to bring to light the destructive things that are going on in our oceans that we never see!

yes, like zoning land and distributing silt into the reefs, global warming, cyanide and dynamite fishing, long line angling, stretch nets that are indiscrimate in their catch, clumsy tourists breaking corals, local fishermen throwing metal anchors on hard corals, fish farms that introduce new pathogens and disease into the ocean, nuclear bomb tests, fishermen throwing fishing lines and hooks,

i am actually trying to see myself how long of a list i could make, and i just became pretty disheartened at how long the list has become....and i'm not even done :(:(:(

That is a cold video to watch, i dont see how people could do that to them. I know i never could i love the sea to much to do that.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Its not sad, its devistating! I have a new group of individuals to vent my hate towards! Life is cruel and humans only make it worse.

That sucks. They should ban this barbaric practice. I'm sure they died from a slow and painful death. These are MAMMALS and not fish!

honestly speaking, i feel coral reefs are in much more danger than our dolphin friends, as this practice is only found in Japan and some parts of Europe I believe. Coral reefs however, are totally out of the jurisdiction of the United States, coming from waters far far away beyond any major governmental influence. whaling is also very brutal as mother and calf are both killed, and the ocean stays red for a long time.

Terrible... but unfortunately no worse than the way we treat cows and chickens in this country, or other creatures worldwide. Sad.

well, you can't compare that to how we treat cows and chickens in this country because there is a law that states the animal must be put to sleep before hand by CO2 or other humane ways.

yeah, but if you see the undercover PETA videos, its pretty almost as gruesome as the video above. i've see one video where the cows throat is slit, and it just thrashes on the ground trying to get up, blood fountaining out of its throat like you'd see in a cheap horror movie.

So whats the big deal?
It's not like this doesn't happen to fish and every other species out there that we use.

:( My stomach is all messed up...but some of you are right saying it happens every day with all kinds of animals(The list is so long...), we just don't see it or don't wanna see it...sad,sad,sad...only humans can do that, [profanity]!!!, even lions go directly to the throat... I've got to go to work, hopefully I won't see another poisoned dog in the street today...

Have a good day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back