VHO bulbs

dent82

Is there anywhere local I can purchase URI VHO bulbs?

I am building my canopy tonight and not sure of the spacing for my endcaps. Don't want to have to pay the overnight shipping cost.

I think I am going with 46.5" my tank is 48" long and I don't think or want to have the canopy longer then the tank itself.

the 46.5"ers are what the bloomington store has in stock. pretty sure they only have the super actinics at the moment.

Thanks benny Z I will have to make a trip down there Thursday or Friday night. My live rock will be here saturday morning.

Next question. Can you recomend me a good start up cleaning crew? Right now all I have is 4 green chronis. Plan on getting two clown fish and a tang. Thanks for your help.

really depends on what your needs are. i'd say a safe bet to start with would be 5-10 each of astrea, margarita, cerith, and nassarius snails, plus 10-20 or so reef hermits.

peppermint shrimp are a good idea for aiptasia control and a cleaner shrimp is pretty much considered standard. sand-sifting starfish might be another invert to look into, although you may want to hold off on that until your sandbed becomes more established. if you haev any bubble algae you could pick up an emerald crab, but they can get rather large and may eventually attack small fish if they get hungry.

i'd personally stay away from brittle stars.

Back