Video of my Clam spawning

Great job on the tank Chris. Those clams love to spawn. Did you do some cleanup afterwards or just left the reef do its thing?

Thanks G. Cleared up with 30 min. I am scheduled for a water change this Saturday but debating on whether to just take care of that sooner rather than later. Can this be harmful to corals or hinder water quality?

Thanks G. Cleared up with 30 min. I am scheduled for a water change this Saturday but debating on whether to just take care of that sooner rather than later. Can this be harmful to corals or hinder water quality?

Chris I don't think this is a huge deal in your system. Just some fresh plankton for your corals to eat. In a smaller tank it could have a greater impact. I am sure your skimmer and some fresh activated carbon will help keeping the water in shape til saturday. If the water is ready and you have time, perhaps doing the water change today or tomorrow wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hey, should that big green acro be a rockin and a rollin like that...:rollface:

Not really. These Vortechs did a number on my rock work and this is the last piece to ground. Good eye.

My son decided to ask me what was happening, "why I there juice coming out of his clam?"

I change about ~%20 every 2 weeks out of a total water volume of about 320gallons. I am hoping this should be enough to cover the "release" that was put into the tank. I haven't really researched the implications or benefits this may have on a closed system so any info that is given the better

Back