Vince's 125g rimless build

i always get weird looks when i bring my "fish stuff" to work at the shop! lol i bet the techs that work with you are tripping out on all the activity! nice build by the way! really like the rock scape and the steel stand...

Nice looking set up. I assume the paint you are referring to is for the back of the tank correct? Going black or blue?

Very nice Vince!! Looking forward on seeing the rest of your build.

Thanks Ed, you are my Reef Idol.

Can you tell me the thickness of the metal? thanks

I'm not sure what the gauge of the metal is, but I used 1"x1" for the cross bar, and 2"x1" for the horizontal bar. I do not recommend using the 1"x1" bar, after filling the tank up with water, I notice a slight curve on the front cross bar. I will be redoing it with 2"x1" cross bar.

drooling! looks great but absolutely more rocks. Where did you get the tank? looks like a good time

I got the tank from a local reefer. Keith Grandt is the builder of the tank. Look him up if you are looking for a custom tank. Very clean work.

i always get weird looks when i bring my "fish stuff" to work at the shop! lol i bet the techs that work with you are tripping out on all the activity! nice build by the way! really like the rock scape and the steel stand...

The techs actually really enjoy helping me build this tank. My wife would kill me if I spent this much time working on it at home.

Nice looking set up. I assume the paint you are referring to is for the back of the tank correct? Going black or blue?

The back is actually 30% smoke glass, so I'm not planning to paint the back at all. The paint that I'm referring to is the paint that I used to paint the MDF panels.

Finished painting the pvc, and I'm very happy with the outcome.

plumb4_zps89c19846.jpg

plumb5_zpsf9936428.jpg

plumb6_zps2f60d94d.jpg

Ran into some issue when the tank was fill up with water. The top bar of the stand had a slight curve. So I'm redoing the top part of the stand. I will be replacing the 1x1 bar with 2x1 bar. Hopefully I'll get a chance to redo it this weekend.
rapair_zps0bdc1003.jpg

Old tubing and new tubing
repair2_zpsbb4ef13c.jpg

New top part of the stand
repair3_zps022323c8.jpg

What do you guys think? More rocks? I'm still debating should I add a few more, or just keep it simple with just the arch.

water_zpsd9a0e894.jpg
It looks good but I think I'd build a small island right in front/under the arch along with maybe a couple of smaller ones near the ends of the arch.

Finally got a little updates, Lol. I've been so busy with work, and family, but finally got some time to move the tank home.

And we have water and salt.

Hopefully it should cycle within a week since I'm using some of my rocks from my current setup.

good start! you said you always find something wrong with a tank and tear it down but your 93G lemar is awesome! you would have a field day with my tanks haha

Back