Vince's 125g rimless build

vulteiv1

I've been in and out of reefing for the past 5 years, and I'm hoping this will be the last tank for me for a while. I usually get bored or find something wrong with my tank setup and just end up shutting it down. I've been doing a lot of research and learned a lot in the past five years, and am hoping that I do everything right this time around.

I really like the Elos setup, but just can't justify or afford to spend that kind of money on it. My goal is to build something similar to an Elos style setup and try to keep everything as clean as possible.

Equipment List:
-48x30x20 3 side Starphire glass with external overflow box
-DIY steel Elos style stand
-DIY three chamber sump
-2 Mp 40wes
-Eheim 1262 return
-SSA CS1 Skimmer
-Bubble Magus BM-T01
-2 Radion Pro

I will try to take as much pictures as possible and hopefully keep this thread as up to date as time will permit.

My current 93g Leemar cube
cube6_zps5c6e2540.jpg

This is where I'm at now.
stand15_zpsef82afd7.jpg

That was a long three weeks of cutting, welding, priming, sanding, and more sanding. I will start the plumbing sometime this week, and hopefully I can get some water into the tank soon.

I didn't realize how big it is too, until it was in the tank. I always wanted an arch that stretches across the whole tank, and I finally got one.

What do you guys think? More rocks? I'm still debating should I add a few more, or just keep it simple with just the arch.

water_zpsd9a0e894.jpg

Looks great so far! I'm definitely welding my next stand. I'm a welder by profession and after my last stand I've realized that woodworking is not my best skill.

I think a few smaller rocks near the arch would be nice.

Looks great so far! I'm definitely welding my next stand. I'm a welder by profession and after my last stand I've realized that woodworking is not my best skill.

I think a few smaller rocks near the arch would be nice.

This is my first metal stand, and it's definitely worth the effort. So much more space underneath, and everything is so much cleaner.

Back