Visiting from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Greetings and salutations,
I will be in the Chicago area on April 13th and the weekend of April 19 and 20. I want to visit stores with SPS and if anyone is welling to show me their tank. Is there a list of stores available?

I have a 90g with 250w 12k Reeflux and 4 T5.

I started a thread concerning Prodibio.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1352650&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

photo

I look forward to your replies.

lol. I just replied to your other thread.

I don't think your light colors are a result of lack of feeding - it looks like the algae may be using all the nutrients before the coral. Fix that algae problem and see what happens. i'd hold off on reefbooster for now.

Have fun on your visit here.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12282199#post12282199 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jglackin
I used to live on a canal off of Oakland Park Blvd. I also used to live off of Sunrise Blvd at 17th, by Il Molino (the greatest Italian restaurant in the world). Those were the good ole days.

This may help:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1364274

My recommendation for SPS is Reef Depot and an unmentionable store that is in the LFS locator in Brookfield.

I had dinner there last week. It is one of my favorite places to eat. While in Chicago, I plan to enjoy some Greek food.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12282258#post12282258 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PSam
lol. I just replied to your other thread.

I don't think your light colors are a result of lack of feeding - it looks like the algae may be using all the nutrients before the coral. Fix that algae problem and see what happens. i'd hold off on reefbooster for now.

Have fun on your visit here.

Any recommendations on removing the algae?

I was at FTL 2 weeks ago. It may help if you can tell us where are you going to be staying. There is an online map of most of the stores in the area. If you happen to be near Park Ridge you are more then welcome to stop by.

I usually stay NW of O'Hare Airport. I will search for a hotel by this weekend for Chicago. I may be NW or near downtown.

Where do you I find the map?

Darn, when I visit my daughter in Lighthouse Point I usually visit the stores near Ft Lauderdale !!!!! LOL that you're visiting the stores up here!!! I miss last week's 82 temps.....

Great coral shop on the corner of 79th and Cottage Grove(South Side). Gotta check it out.

J/K stay as far away from there as possible...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12285558#post12285558 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DaveBien
Darn, when I visit my daughter in Lighthouse Point I usually visit the stores near Ft Lauderdale !!!!! LOL that you're visiting the stores up here!!! I miss last week's 82 temps.....

I usually come to the Midwest in the Spring and Summer, but the last two business trip I was in SNOW.

I am not looking forward to the cold weather, but I will make the best of it for 2 weeks.

Back