Vodka Article Rejected

invincible569

Hey Guys, Randy stated that the Vodka article was rejected by Reefkeeping.com. If I remember correctly, Jorge Kokott has his own business. Is this what he sells? was the reason it got rejected because it became commercial towards his company?

It seems to me a large percentage of the articles used are from someone in the industry that has a for-profit company so I don't see that as an issue.

My thoughts...
#1...some reviewers did not see it as a viable system for a hobbyest
#2... political reasons not unlike those seen not long ago

SteveU

#3 There is a huge conspiricy. And I am the leader of it all ... AHH HAHAHAHAHAH... *Cough* *Cough*.... yeah

Sushi...
All that needs to be done is to have someone explain why it was rejected. Otherwise your #3 seems another logical choice.

SteveU

I'm 100% certain that the reason the article was rejected was explained to the author.

PS> Even I have had articles rejected.

Thanks Greg...

Not knowing the process of approval...
Are authors given a chance to make minor modifications prior to being denied to address the concerns of the reviewers, or is it all or nothing in these situations?

I'm glad someone is looking out for those in the hobby, I'd just prefer they didn't look out for me.:)

SteveU

I'm sure the editors are more than willing to review modifications. I'm certain that no article is printed exactly as initially submitted. Of course, the likelyhood that a resubmission is accepted would be relative to the reason it was originally rejected.

In the case of one of my articles, the editors just didn't feel it would be of interest to the audience the magazine is shooting for. I disagreed, but it's their magazine so I moved on. I could have resubmitted the article after changing it to fit the audience more, but I chose not to.

This process is between the author and the editors of the magazine. I'm not certain what purpose this thread provides other than to throw more stones at an already beaten up staff.

I disagreed, but it's their magazine so I moved on.

I'd prefer you didn't use those last two words.:)

As for stone throwing, I can't speak for others here but I'm not throwing stones at anyone over this. The conspiracy theory has nothing at all to do with either RC or the publication. I have no idea if in fact those two are one in the same.

I just find Randy's opinion on the article very interesting and it seems others reviewers don't see it the same way.

This could be a case similar to yours but I doubt it.

This process is between the author and the editors of the magazine.

I agree to some extent but since the Vodka thread has been going for some time now there are many who were waiting for it to be published, myself included. Most here are not the type to just say "Oh, that's ok".:rolleyes: I'm sure you've learned that already.:)

SteveU

I stand corrected on one point. You have every right to complain if you wish. I have often disagreed with the editors and have made my opinion well known in some of those cases.

It is only my personal feeling that it is tacky to do so in this case as it is, IMO, an issue between the author and the editors. But that is just my opinion.

gregt said:
I stand corrected on one point. You have every right to complain if you wish. I have often disagreed with the editors and have made my opinion well known in some of those cases.

It is only my personal feeling that it is tacky to do so in this case as it is, IMO, an issue between the author and the editors. But that is just my opinion.
\

yea it is.

what if he decided to post his article on RC as a thread? would that be ok? If so, I want to ask him. If not, I wont bother.

Greg,
I understand your position.
But understand mine, I just want to read an article that has been talked about for some time. I'm sure though that day will still come.

As for tacky, I think in most cases the fact that the acticle was even being submitted would not be public. Since it was, I think the rules of tack are different.

Heck, I don't even know how I know it won't be published. I don't think Jorg posted it.

SteveU

gtrestoration said:

Heck, I don't even know how I know it won't be published. I don't think Jorg posted it.

SteveU

My point exactly. I really don't like discussing third party info as if I know what I'm talking about.

I'm not aware of any rules in the UA prohibiting posting an article that isn't copyrighted. Of course, that would probably kill any likelyhood that a publisher would pick up the rights to the piece.

FYI...
I believe the article was published in Der Meerwasseraquarianer. The article, comments regarding the article, including other articles in German are available. You can then use Babel Fish (Alta Vista), Google, and double check others for translation from German.

Re: Vodka Article Rejected

invincible569 said:
Hey Guys, Randy stated that the Vodka article was rejected by Reefkeeping.com. If I remember correctly, Jorge Kokott has his own business. Is this what he sells? was the reason it got rejected because it became commercial towards his company?

HI

I am somewhat puzzled that the rejection of an article is openly discussed in a forum. Personally I find this fact quite disturbing. If any of my articles, may it be in a professional journal or a hobby mag is rejected I would not want this to be discussed in the public. My opinion may be different from that of other people (which I absolutely tolerate) but the fact that this thread actually exists is a strong indicator for me not to consider any artivcle for publication in RC.
Regarding invincible's comment on Jörgs profession, during the time the article was under revision at RC, he did not own a company, nor has he had any commercial relationship to a company of any kind. He had actually just finished his MsC and was sorting out his next steps, which he did very nicely. He stil does not own a company, nor works for one that would in any way make money with filtration techniques.
And what should he sell with his own non-existent compnay? Vodka? Hey, get real! Nobody can really make money on the Vodka method.
Moreover, I am asking myself what this thread is doing in the ZeoVit Board, this is somewhat off-topic.

Sincerely

Jens

Jens,

Sorry about posting this thread as I didnt mean any harm to Jorge. I just wanted a simple answer as to why it was rejected just like everyone else. As greg stated, his also get rejected too and Im sure there are plenty of others that have the same outcome. I still have a lot of respect for Jorge from his previous posts. the guy knows his ****! Thats another reason why I wish I could of read his work. I also posted this in the Zeovit forum because there are a lot of German browsers in here than any other forum (more posts also) who I thought would of gave me an instant simple answer.

Hi,

Randy was the only reviewer who provided me with his comments on the article, however, I didn't get any information from the editor why this article has been refused by the two other reviewers.

Well, the article has been acepted by wetwebmedia where it will soon be published.

By the way,
I'm not selling vodka in plastic bottles for the reek keeping hobby. Sometimes I'm really wondering where people get their informations from...:rolleye1:

vodka for sale as reef supplement. you guys are laughing. what about the guys who said lets bottle water and sell it. ???

"ultra reef vodka" a specialo blend distilled in the finest reef labs and consumed and tested by reefers!!!

for sale on ebay?

Back