Vortech mp40 10% off?

PolskiRob

In Memoriam
I just missed all the labor day sales but i was wondering if anyone still knows of coupon codes for 10 percent of a vortech? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Even the sales excluded ecotechs products. the best deal is to buy from BRS and get some points to use towards a future purchase

Ecotech products never go on sale. Every site-wide sale I've ever seen always excludes them (and Aqua Illuminations).

yea, the company doesnt allow retailers to lower the value of their product anymore than the msrp. BUT keep an eye out for used ones, i saw a pair for sale for $100 each in my local forum.

I was afraid of that. Last year i was able to score an mp40 from brs with a 10 percent coupon, and all of a sudden they ban it? Ecotech kind of seems like a shady business, maybe i should get a pair of tunze instead?

yea, the company doesnt allow retailers to lower the value of their product anymore than the msrp. BUT keep an eye out for used ones, i saw a pair for sale for $100 each in my local forum.

I did see some for around 150 but they weren't the es version. I've looked on ebay, amazon, craigslist but i haven't seen even one used newer style vortech:-(

I did see some for around 150 but they weren't the es version. I've looked on ebay, amazon, craigslist but i haven't seen even one used newer style vortech:-(

I was afraid of that. Last year i was able to score an mp40 from brs with a 10 percent coupon, and all of a sudden they ban it? Ecotech kind of seems like a shady business, maybe i should get a pair of tunze instead?

Not shady just their buisness model. Apple and other manufacturers do the same thing. When you dominate a market you control the price. The good thing from my pov is it keep the resale value high. It's rare to see a newer model sell for less than 20% used.

The good thing from my pov is it keep the resale value high. It's rare to see a newer model sell for less than 20% used.

Yeah that's one good thing. Although now i'm still debating whether i should sell my vortech and get something more directional. I'm upgrading my tank to a 6ft 125g and my landscape will be rock pillars on each side of the tank right in front of the vortechs. Im afraid these pillars will completely block the flow of the vortechs rendering them useless. Does anyone think that this would indeed cause a flow issue or would the flow just wrap around the pillars and continue to the middle of the tank?

Not shady just their buisness model. Apple and other manufacturers do the same thing. When you dominate a market you control the price. The good thing from my pov is it keep the resale value high. It's rare to see a newer model sell for less than 20% used.

Agree....Bose does the same thing with stereo equipment

polski, get your Post count up and PM me, I will lead you in the direction of 10% off the vortechs. Not gonna post it on here and then get it to where they no longer do the 10% off.

I love the fact that it's totally not price fixing when a manufacturer says a retailer can't sell for less than the MSRP.

Back