Vortech MP40 Question

reice05

Will one of the Mp40 be enough for my 75g? Currently i have a mag 9.5 for my return and 2 koralia 4's, if i was to get a Vortech to replace the koralias and keep the Mag 9.5 will i be o.k.?

I would agree 1 should be enough I think the are good for up to 3000gph and they have a really wide flow so it should cover the whole tank

It would more have to do with your rockwork and eliminating dead spots. You should be fine with 1 but you will have to play around with the placement of the pump to get the right flow pattern.

Definetly!
I have 2 in my 175 and one of them is down right now...so I just have the one running. It creates a decent flow by itself.

It will be a beast in your 75!

Yea im very impressed by them from what i seen so far..but im ****ed i just missed a ad on another forum where the guy was selling 2 slightly used 2nd generation ones both for 500 shiiping included :(

There was a guy that I met the other day that has a 300 gallon tank (Loaded with SPS) and he is only running 1 MP40. that was amazing even by my standards.

You should be ok with one. If you start adding a lot of LR and you start getting a lot of growth you may need to add something else later.

FWIW I have about 6500 GPH in my 60 gallon SPS cube

Back