Vortech MP40W good enough for a 240?

danorth

In Memoriam
I need movement, but not the plumbing mess in the tank. would this at full blast and 2 Koralias 4s be a reasonable amount of flow for a 240?

I just want to keep the debris up and floating to be exported.....clean and pretty rock is my goal. It is a fish and rock tank. I have done the modded K4s and it was great until it stopped going the right direction. I agree that more is better and 2 would be great......but one is where I am budget wise.

Can you feel the 3000 gph across an 8' tank?

I would say that is not enough for the length of an 8' tank. You would need one on each end.

At full blast these things have a definite "rumble" so you might not be happy with it running flat out. I have one on a 55 tank and I crank it up a few times/week for several minutes to clean the system. Having said that, you know how porous the rock is, and I still use a turkey baster once/week or so to blast water directly at the rock. It is amazing how much powdery debris "smokes" out of the smallest holes. I think much of that might actually be micro detritus from the 'pods and worms but this is just a theory.

finally got to see these work in person, two of them would be great for a 240. the pulse mode is great, the wave you get is incredible. Now hopefully the longevity is improved with the new models.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12841843#post12841843 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Paulairduck
Now hopefully the longevity is improved with the new models.

For over $400 a pop, they better be!!!

The coolest tank that I have seen in person had 6 vortechs on the wave driver. It was a 4ft 120.

Back