VOTE!! Use cell phones while driving?

Hands-free cell phone use only. I see police officers talking on the phone in the drive-thru getting coffee, pulling out while drinking with one hand, still trying to talk

There's plenty of other things people do wrong while driving
But I've seen more people swerving while talking on the phone

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6989233#post6989233 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Scuba_Dave
There's plenty of other things people do wrong while driving
But I've seen more people swerving while talking on the phone

With or without the hands-free setup? I see tons of people driving like idiots with the phone up to their ears. We were almost run down by a woman having a very heated argument with someone on her phone while driving as fast as possible, not acknowledging anyone else on the road. Disaster waiting to happen!

Someone mentioned already that it is something that will probably not be enforced if put into law anyway.

Even with the hands free you have to dial

Best way to dial is holding the phone up in front of you - so you can see the phone & the road

Other then that voice recognition

I use the voice recognition if I am actually dialing. I'm usually the one answering the phone, not dialing. Only one button to push when answering.

I hardly use my phone in the car _ I really dislike it
Kind of upset my work when they tried to call me when I was driving home

Sorry, my life is worth more then any phone call

But wait!!! You could of won 10 million dollars

You really shouldn't answer calls from work while on your way home from work. The day is done...you go back the next day anyway.

That is when you get another job...I leave at 3:30 (most days) and return at 8:30 the next morning. I do my share of coming in early and leaving a little late, but that isn't all to often.

That, and I work 185 days in a year...I can't complain, really.

They do call me and email me when I am home with my son when he is sick...I am good about that. Unfortunately, I'm the only one who knows what I am doing there, so they can get lost when I'm not there. That, and there are federally mandated timelines that don't change when I am out for sick time (not for me, my son), so that work sits and waits until I get back, and need to rush it to get it done on time. That part does suck.

We get paged when we are out sick, on vacation, out sick with the flue for a week.

There is NO reason they need to contact us. Very few of us have any special knowledge, all procedures are supposed to documented.
There is NOTHING that any specific Tech needs to work on that another tech can't complete

Yeah...you need another job. They're just treating you like lowlife, and for no reason for that, ever. Everyone deserves respect.

3 Techs complained, the old boss is gone..the Team Lead is almost as bad. 1 tech was let go, a 2nd one is leaving Friday
2 of us are looking - one guy had 5 interviews - he'll be gone shortly
I'm stubborn, I was going to see the old boss called on the carpet for his actions

Time to move on now

Back