Want a sm. BLACK TANG? Here's ur chance.

Tangwich

In Memoriam
So I went to Total Fish on Garvey in Monterey Park yesterday and they have 2 small Black Tangs (approx 2 inches) for sale. Not exactly sure how much Ken or Khiem wants for them but I think I overhead him say somewhere in the $200-$300 range. Sorry for not taking pics, but these guys were really nice looking. I would have gotten one but thought about how my 4 inch Purple and 4 inch Yellow tangs would make an expensive meal out of the black tang. Just passing the info along just in case anyone out there is interested in getting one at a good price.

Do you guys have a addy for the store? Not there to buy the tangs but wanted to check out the store. Thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12905356#post12905356 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by isseym328
Do you guys have a addy for the store? Not there to buy the tangs but wanted to check out the store. Thanks.

Total Fish & Pets
321 Garvey Ave.Suite B
Monterey Park California 91754

(t) 626.571.9840

While I am very interested in a black tang, every pic I see of an older black tang never looks really good.

i saw them too...im thinking about picking up another one from him...sounds like the price went up though...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12906245#post12906245 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltyESQ
200-300 sounds like a good price!

yeah considering there $400+ usually

the tangs were TINY, i would save 2" at most?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12906245#post12906245 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltyESQ
200-300 sounds like a good price!

he wants more than that...i spoke with him yesterday...i thought id get a better deal being that i just bought one from him...i asked for a price for the other two that he has...one for me & one for a friend...

anywhere in the $300 range is a steal. i was lucky enough to get invited by my LFS owner to shop in the wholesaler row on 104th. i saw a couple of black tangs and they were being sold for mid 300s. they say hawaii fish prices are skyrocketing by the week.

My tang was at 1.25 inches or so when I picked her up a month and half ago. Battled ich and I think I'm winning. She was covered with ich for a while but recently improved dramatically. Been feeding her lots of good food and had cleaner shrimps around to peck at the ich. Lot of water changes helped also.

thanks for the address I will go check the place out.

Back