wanted protein skimmer plans

delosa

I am building a 600 gallon aquairum and looking for plans for a protein skmmer.

Could anyone share their experiences building a protein skimmer for a tank that big? Also, are there any step by step plans for a good, reliable, easy to adjust, skimmer?

I have been reading, reading and reading post on this site and have learned many things, but building a skimmer is still confusing to me.

Thanks for the help.

If this is just for personal use, you can always take a major brand and improve on some of what you see as flaws to there makes. But do not copy it as for copyright laws.

I built my own counter current skimmer out of Standard PVC that I bought from the local hardware store. I have to tell that The amount of skimmate it produced was amazing I would'nt trade it for the world.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10500461#post10500461 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by danoreef
I built my own counter current skimmer out of Standard PVC that I bought from the local hardware store. I have to tell that The amount of skimmate it produced was amazing I would'nt trade it for the world.

Plans??

I'm not sure what I want. The whole skimmer thing confuses me. Currently, I have two tanks and two protein skimmers. Both are ventri skimmers but one if find very hard to keep adjusted. I know with a tank that big I will need a very good skimmer.

Any suggestions?

Back