Water blaster 7000

rudyr03

Just ordered a new water blaster 7000 as my return pump. I just want to see if anyone is running them internally or externally.. And what are the pros and cons of each..

I run a 7000 as my main return pump. I run it submerged.

I really like the pump. It moves a lot of water, and doesn't add a lot of heat to the tank.

My only criticism of the pump is that it seems to need cleaning fairly frequently, at least in my tank. If I let it run more than about 6 weeks without cleaning, it's liable to seize.

Thanks for info good to know about the cleaning..How long have you been running it?.. I'm leaning towards running it submerged.. I've heard good things about this pump it moves a lot of water with low consumption definately an up grade from my mag drive

I've been running my HY7000 since October 2011. Jeremy at Coralvue replaced the impeller for me under warranty, because it seized so soon after being placed into service (one month).

I've come to the conclusion that since this pump doesn't draw a lot of power, it also doesn't have a lot of oomph to overpower a dirty impeller shaft. So I have to keep it clean...vinegar cleanup monthly for best reliability.

PS... I should also note that my return is downstream of the drip from my kalk reactor. I've moved the drip as far away from the pump as I can in my sump, but I still think its an issue. I also run an HY7000 on my skimmer in a different chamber, and in the last 8 months I've not had an issue with that pump.

Last edited:
Back