Water change: Pump water from basement

Cymonous

My Clown Attacks Me
I have my water mixing station in the basement using an external pump. I plumbed it originally with a valve to threaded outlet to hookup a hose. I wanted to stay away from using metal, so I tried one of those expandable water hoses with plastic connectors like this http://www.sears.com/xhose-25ft-as-...n on Tv Inc&prdNo=10&blockNo=10&blockType=G10

Only problem was, it has a water restriction at least at the inlet connector that slows the flow to a trickle.

So, I was wondering if anyone else had a solution to using my threaded connection from my plumbing? I would like to be able to remove the hose/tubing so I can drain it from saltwater when not in-use AND use that same threaded outlet if I just wanted to get a bucket or two of saltwater.

Before I hard plumbed a spigot behind the DT, I just hooked my python siphon tubing up and used that to pump it up from the basement. It uses standard (plastic) hose fittings.

You can also use a water supply line for an RV - I think they are usually white. Just replace the metal fittings with plastic and you will be good to go.

hth

Back