Water circulation on a 125 gal - what do u recommend

besl

I am looking at the Hagen Aquaclear and notsure if I should go with the Model 70 (400 gph) or Model 110 (935 gph) - looking at buying 2 and putting one ateither end aimed at each other. Anyone with 125gallon tanks - what do you guys do?

i have a 125 and i use 2 each mag 7 coming outa my sump facing each other from end to end...plus i use a wave2k wavemaker in the middle and i get GREAT flow

I use a Mag 7 in the sump. A mag 7 on a closed loop with a scwd.
A couple of maxi jet 900s Also have an emperor 400 for running carbon through. It moves some water too. Looking at adding another closed loop with a mag 5 or 7

I use a Mag 12 and 18 returns from my sump into the tank through squid wave makers. They are hidden in the corner over flows the squids are not the mags. also in the tank I have 2 tunze 6000 on a controller 7095. At this time I have great flow but my tank is young as the corals grow and block each other creating dead spots I will add 1 or 2 more tunze as needed. Remember it what you want in your tank that amount of water movement might be to much for LPS and leathers. I am set up for SPS's they thrive on water motion. Remember its not the size but the motion that counts in the tank.

Re: Water circulation on a 125 gal - what do u recommend

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6912107#post6912107 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by besl
I am looking at the Hagen Aquaclear and notsure if I should go with the Model 70 (400 gph) or Model 110 (935 gph) - looking at buying 2 and putting one ateither end aimed at each other. Anyone with 125gallon tanks - what do you guys do?

What are you going to keep in your tank?

How much rock are you going to have?

You won't get high flow with just two of even the model 110's. It will also be tough not to have any dead spots in the 125. Now if you going to be FOWLR it would be much different then say SPS's

I have 2 tunze 6100's with the controller plus a mag 12 in my 90, although I only run them at 80% max.

I run a Mag 12 for the overflows, two Seio 1500's and two Seio 620's. I will be looking for more in the future.

GL, I will be keeping soft corals and lps. I had (2) Seio 1500s and I had to turn the flow down as they were causing sand storms. I installed them Tunze style and they sucked in 3 fish and killed them. So I am looking to change them out and looking for (powerhead) recommendations.

Back