water loss

mnchartier

Premium Member
I have a 90 Gal DT and a 100Gal sump and my topoff container is 5 gallons I refill that with Limewater about every other day

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Premium Member
Most people lose on the order of 1-3% daily, but it can vary substantially with the tank setup and the local weather and season. :)

bighen

im running a 220 gallon main tank and 30 gallon sum im losing about 5-8 gallon a week

Last edited:

bighen

i was runing scared thinking that my tank was leaking, because when i look under the tank 1 side always seem wet, but its the side the sump is under, now im thinking condensation

sedor

I lose about 1 - 1.5 G a day on my 72. I got tired of filling 5G buckets every other day so I got a 20G trash can and now I only fill it on the weekends.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Premium Member
ok so can you guys help me brain storm on the salton the bottom of my tank

Huh?

Salt on the bottom of the aquarium? In the aquarium?

Lightsluvr

Tangaroa to 500 gallons
Premium Member
ok so can you guys help me brain storm on the salton the bottom of my tank

Huh?

Salt on the bottom of the aquarium? In the aquarium?

...or on the outside of the glass?

If the latter, you have a drip, or other source of salt-laden moisture, like your sump, power cables from a heater or power-head. It's called salt-creep.

LL

bighen

it on the bottom of the tank, not inside, not on the side, on the bottom, were it sit on the stand

Lightsluvr

Tangaroa to 500 gallons
Premium Member
it on the bottom of the tank, not inside, not on the side, on the bottom, were it sit on the stand

How close is that spot to the top of your skimmer or sump? Any splash or air bubbling going on in that area?

I'm hoping it's not a leak in your tank's silicone... that would suck.

LL