water pump and overflow

Greenxb

ok guys I just finished building my 20 gal long sump and stand for my 30 gal. Now I want to buy the Danner Mag-Drive Supreme 3 350 GPH Water Pump and CPR CS50 Overflow Box rated for 300 GPH. Is that a good combination or do I need a better water pump. I'm new to this hobby and I do not even know what Im doing ;( . My sump is only going to be about 30 inch from the main tank. I want to build the pipes from PVC, any one know what size do I need and one more thing that is that close loop?

The overflow/sump/return is open system not closed loop. The mag drive 3 will not flow 350 gph after head/friction loss, the CPR CS50 is sufficient to handle the flow with this pump. Danner recommends 1.5" return tubing for this pump.

Regards,

Jim

1.5 return tubing, and what about the one from the overflow to the sump? hey bro I feel like some kind of idiot, asking all this dum questions but is my first time and i DO NOT want to fu-- it up.

Don't worry about it.. you will (snicker snicker)......I would run the size that fits the overflow for the drain. The only dumb question, is one that is not asked. If the box fills up faster than it drains, increase the size of the drain line. I don't think there should be a problem though, as the flow will be a bit lower (~270 gph) than what the overflow box is designed to handle. Water test everything for flow etc. before committing sand, rock and life to it. Easier to fix problems first.

Jim

Back