Water Softner, RODI and Reef Tank Question

reefdom

I am looking ot purchase a water softner for my house since we have hard water (lots of water marks around facets and bathrooms.. Old house). Since it seems that the water softner removes Cal and Mag will this effect the water that my 4 Stage RO/DI unit will output? I am already running a Cal and Kal Reactor to maintain those trace elements.

Will the water softner just help my RO/DI or remove more minerals from the water that my tank may be using?

an RO DI will (should) remove all the TDS from your water. by using salt mix, and other items like a cal reactor you put it all back.

you should be fine

i have a ro with di connected to my whole house watersoftner and there isn't any problems here. my tank is actually the easiest to keep since adding the ro/di

Thanks for the info... So on another quick note what water softener units are you using? I'm looking at a Sears model.

The membranes and resins in the RO/DI will last a lot longer if the water is presoftened.
Sears model should be fine. I have a GE softener and it does a good job.

i also have a whole house filter before it enters my house. it takes just about everything out, then it goes to the water softner, then to the ro/di.

Back