Water Storage container

mirkus

I recently purchased my first RO/DI filter after reefing for almost 8 years. (A lot of distilled water purchases and NSW purchases from LFS)

what do I use to store the water? I hear that Brute trashcans leach phosphate over time.

Thx

nope...i do run GFO but no phosphate....i belive they are food grade so i think they are fine....i got mine at Home Depot and they are $45 a can so it adds up fast.

I use Brute as well, $45 a can, another $40 for the wheels.

That's an easy $100 garbage can... hope you make great use of it!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15438047#post15438047 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kes_reef
I've seen the 32g brute in Costco for under $30.

Damn, do they have the wheels too?

I'll definately swing by and check it out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15438059#post15438059 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by waxy
Damn, do they have the wheels too?

I'll definately swing by and check it out.

Nope, didn't see the wheels.

I have two food grade (Grey) barrels with lids that I had used for my large reef tank, now that it is dismantled they are for sale $50 ea.

tap water

tap water

I was in Ocean Treasures the other day, and a reef keeper was there having his water tested. He told me he has always used tap water (SF tap water). His various nitrogen levels were all zero. Not sure if they tested phosphate. I was floored.

Only suckas use RODI in SF. :)

I use water straight from the tap and use some Prime to dechlorinate it (dechloramine it). My SPS are off the hook with growth and color and everything is doing great. I have a good refugium though and my chaeto grows pretty fast so that may be why I'm getting away with it.

These are the barrels that I have for sale.

81436quick_change_tanks.jpg

Hey Mark,

YGPM... I might be interested in the barrels.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15453528#post15453528 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by corals b 4 bills
These are the barrels that I have for sale.

81436quick_change_tanks.jpg

I actually went to WalMart and got me a no name 32 gallon bin for $10 with a lid. Quality is not bad. Washed it, and filled it with RO water last night. Thus far it's great.

Back