Wave Maker Help

nstieg88

I am looking at getting my first wave maker as my power heads are starting to die. I was looking at the link below and believe it is the old Jabeo relabeled under a new name as this is their old model. Any comments from anyone would be helpful. I am trying to stick under $100 dollars as that is what i can afford for now. I am planning on purchaseing 1 and then a second one later on. I have also looked at a hydor controller with 2 cheaper power heads to start will include the links below as well.

Current Favorite option 2x of below
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HWY1VT/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I36A1SMSCQFI5Q&colid=31QMIZO96FWW4&psc=0

option 2
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005TJCU0U/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2MLP3NKT712TM&colid=31QMIZO96FWW4&psc=0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071SHNK5J/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IZXYK0BYQ6GF2&colid=31QMIZO96FWW4&psc=1

125g 4x2x2 dual reef overflow with 30 gallon sump. 3 clowns, 1 tang, 1 diamond goby, 1 flame angel. Picture link to show tank. Mushroom has died from a falling pump and got blasted overnight and never recovered.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qziOTUjicGWkd6JmkuvcJxRsxPSGHuDy

There are so many mixed reviews on the Jeboa power heads I personally would stay away. Im all for saving money in this expensive hobby since I like many live on a budget and a reef aquarium is a luxury. I also believe in buy once cry once after many years of buying cheap only to upgraded to higher quality and spending more money in the long run. Many people have had great luck the the Jeboa power heads and many orhers have had failures very quickly. IMO a 50/50 fail success rate is pretty poor. Check out the Jeboa power head thread on here and read it through then make your choice. Saving up a little more will get you a couple Tunze controlabe power heads that will last for years.

I have never had any issue with any Jebao wavemaker I have run, I've ran all the generations except the latest 0W. I would absolutely go with the latest gen Jebao if your looking for good value for $$. I currently run there CP-40 and DC return with zero issues on those as well.

When my jebao died at 18 months and my Hydor tried to electrocute me, I put in three eight dollar constant flows opposing each other. The torch toward the middle goes randomly back and forth, hammer, Galaxea, happy. Nems didn't move. Now six months. Four foot long mixed reef

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Take a look at Tunze stream pumps. They're well worth the money and are nearly bullet proof. After having been in the hobby for over 15 years, I have learned that it is much less costly to buy a quality product once than to keep replacing a cheap flow pump like Jebao. Not to mention the risk of electrical current leaking into the tank and random flow drops.

For your size tank, you can start with a 6105 pump, then later add a second when your budget allows for it.

Check out the AquaMedic EcoDrift line - they are in the middle of cheap Chinese stuff and the European stuff. I have a few and they are fine so far, but it will be eight more years until I say that they are really reliable - I really don't care for all of the posts about how people are getting 2 years out of their Jebao when most get more than a decade out of their Tunze pumps.

In any case, the AquaMedic do have US warranties and support.

Check out the AquaMedic EcoDrift line - they are in the middle of cheap Chinese stuff and the European stuff. I have a few and they are fine so far, but it will be eight more years until I say that they are really reliable - I really don't care for all of the posts about how people are getting 2 years out of their Jebao when most get more than a decade out of their Tunze pumps.

In any case, the AquaMedic do have US warranties and support.

The second gn Jebao have only been out 3 years so that is all people can say they have been running for. My RW has been rock solid for the last 3 years, BTW most motor blocks are most certianly made in China regardless who your buying from.

The EcoDrift pumps are made in Poland - controller in china. Besides, being made in China is not a problem, lots of nice, reliable things are made in China - Jebao are just not one of them.

The EcoDrift pumps are made in Poland - controller in china. Besides, being made in China is not a problem, lots of nice, reliable things are made in China - Jebao are just not one of them.

:lolspin: so predictable, you should just put in your signature that you hate Jebao and LED's. ;)

Thanks for all the advice so far. Currently I have 3 constant on 700GPH powerheads. I really just want to add something cheaper to generate random flow and many of these options are 140+ and I dont have that kind of money.

Wave Maker Help

Have you considered the Sicce Voyager line of pumps as an option? Sicce makes a great pump at a reasonable price. I have had 2 Voyager pumps running 24/7 for almost 4 years and haven't had any problems that cleaning could not resolve.
The only issue would be that you would need a controller for the wave function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have thought about using the hydor controller and just getting two cheap pumps for now and when they die getting a better pump since it will be an incremental cost at that point and not all at once.

Glamorica is only available outside the US as its a registered vendor of maxspect. In the US its icecap 3k and they are still over $150

Back