Wavebox and Water Level

ostrow

It's Dr. Goodluck Himself
Roger:

I got a wavebox for my new setup. Unfortunately, for reasons I can't grasp, the manufacturer of my tank, after saying they could cut the overflow teeth longer, now says their jig would not allow that.

I'm still going to try to work with them but it looks bleak -- they have glass overflow boxes with ABS plastic covering the glass. So once it's done, dremel/drill becomes impossible.

They say the overflow teeth are 1" long. I believe that is what my old Oceanic was. In any case I had to extend those teeth by 3/4" or so. It's a 5' long tank, and I am able to get about a 1.25" wave. I don't see the point in using the box if I can't get the max wave in this configuration.

Are there any other options for lowering the water level to enable using the wavebox? Or does everyone with a wavebox cut those overflow teeth?

Any guidance would be nice. I really want to be able to use the wavebox.

Last edited:
You would have to turn down the wavebox if you cannot get the teeth deeper. Maybe you could get them to leave the glass bracing 1" below the ABS teeth so you can cut them deeper yourself or pay a little extra for them to tool up a new jig or just set the jig lower so the teeth are further down.

Thanks. They're gonna re-build the whole thing. Again. Good customer service, but they just forgot they were supposed to outsource the overflows to customize them. Drat.

Back