Wavebox with Apex

The main issue is that the profiles which dictate the behavior of the pumps can only be fine tuned in 1/10th of second increments. While that is way more detail that one would need for anything else, for finding the "resonant sweet spot" for your tank in order to generate a wave, it's pretty limiting.

I am able to get about a half inch wave with two tunze 6100 pumps in a 5 foot tank. It's good enough for me, but I'm sure with more fine tuning I could have water splashing on to the floor. I mean if I wanted that for some reason. Heh.

Apex cannot controll the wavebox settings because they are set in 1/10th of a second increments. Apex can only go down to 1 second. You can get close but not a true resonance.

Apex cannot controll the wavebox settings because they are set in 1/10th of a second increments. Apex can only go down to 1 second. You can get close but not a true resonance.
As Jocko stated, the Apex can controll Tunze pumps down to 1/10 second resolution. To do so, you enable the Divide by 10 option in the pump profile.

As Jocko stated, the Apex can controll Tunze pumps down to 1/10 second resolution. To do so, you enable the Divide by 10 option in the pump profile.

Every time i have tried (Not to say it is not user error) the pumps would would not sync and be basically worthless to what i was trying to accomplish.

For example. I wanted to take 2 tunze's and have them on and off seperately to create a wave. My tanks needs a resonance around 1.2 to 1.8 second pulse. Every time i deviate from a 1 second rate and put it on enable divide by 10 the pumps would not match times and one would cycle faster than the other, and run times would be longer. Why is this?

Last edited:
Hmm I have mine in sync with each other alternating on and off in 0.8 second increments and that's how I have my half inch wave. I found that value by basically trying every possible reasonable value, waiting 5 minutes and then seeing how things looked in my tank.

Ahh now i see my error. LOL i typed 1 rather than 1/10th. LOL
I was able to get a 3 inch wave with another brand controller with 2 6100's on a 180 gal.
I get a half of an inch of chaotic waves with 2 6201's on a 300 gal with the apex. Thats the best i can get. I should be able to get a lot better than that.

Back