Waveline dc5000 test mule

bmullikin1

So with my pond needing a new pump, thought i would try this pump on my 180 and use the others on the pond, good excuse right. This is a variable speed dc pump rated at 1350gph @ 40watts. Aquarium specialitys had a labor day sale for 10% off and free shipping, so figured now was the time. Got it hooked up last sat, so far i am quite impressed, build quality is very nice, huge magnet and shaft, and so far dead silent. This pump replaced 2 tunze 1073.040's running at 85watts on my killowatt meter, so far i have the pump set at level 4, which caused my overflow to go up to the emergency standpipes using the herbie method, based on that i know its flow is a little more than the 2 tunze's, and the pump is drawing only 32watts. I plumbed it using 1.25" flex line from the pump to standard 1" pvc, used 45's instead of 90's over the top to help keep restriction down seeing that its 5ft to the top of my tank. Im hoping that canadian based rlss, http://www.rlss.ca/#!dc-pump haS figured out the problem that plagued red dragon, they are supposed to have a US based company making them, only time will tell, beananimal has been using them for close to a year w no problems.

wavelinedc5000001.jpg

wavelinedc5000004.jpg

Can be used internial or externial, has ac to dc pwr supply like mp40s , made in canada, using parts made in north america.

Dont think its available at stores, online retailers mostly, i used aquarium specialty, pump qualifies for free shipping, which only took 3days to get, on the plus side as well, my tank temp went down .5 degrees.

Looks like an awesome pump, Don't think it will fit in my new sump tho, unless their dimensions are going by the output on its side as shown on the box.

Love the lack of power consumption. I'll be looking into these and their skimmer when I get ready to upgrade stuff and lower my power consumption of the tank.

If at all possible, could you measure the widest point of it? From the pic it looks like the base is the widest point.

Checked it out - I agree 35 watts is the way to go. Please keep us posted on the performance. If they are as reliable- I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks to save more long term - thanks for the post!

hey sam is the pump still running strong im looking at the 10000 to replace my 600 watt little giant i would like to cut down on the electric bill lol

Still loving it, i might p/u a spare impeller just in case, thats the only moving part. 10% off this wk end sale for aquarium specialty.

little control panel that lets you adj min to max 6 steps, and a 10min feed mode at the push of a button, and then soft start, as not to wear impeller as much, and back to your preset level.

Back