Weird algae issue

JurisHP

I'm not sure off this is the right place....Lately I have been battling this weird issue where everything (coral, rock, glass) is covered with little red specks. Algae I think? It comes off VERY easily but then floats around and settles back over everything.

The only new thing with my tank is I started a refugium with macroalgae and am running the light 16+ hours/day.

Any suggestions as to why this is and how to get rid of it?

Best I can do...I looked-up flatworms and I really din't think so....they don't move....I can pick it up ink my fingers and it's just like some weird kind go algae...I think?
IMG_1699.jpg

Best I can do...I looked-up flatworms and I really din't think so....they don't move....I can pick it up ink my fingers and it's just like some weird kind go algae...I think?

I was thinking flatworms. The pictures doesn't really help. Can you turn on the flash?

Yeah, turn off your blue lights and take some natural daylight pictures with flash on and flash off. Then turn on your lights without the blues and take pictures. That will help us identify. Thanks!

It does sound and kinda looks like red planaria. There are many wrasses that can help in controlling them and also chemically there is flatworm exit. The only thing with flatworm exit is a large die off can cause issues (so I’ve heard). I’ve always gone the natural route using a wrasse (like the yellow coris or melanurus wrasse)

Back