Weldon applicator

fickle1

I just got in my Weldon and applicator bottle. The needle seems to be too large. The Weldon 4 just pours out once the bottle is inverted. It doesn't seem to just drip like I've seen in the videos. One thing that I noticed is that the applicator tip has a yellow plastic band on it. All of the ones I've seen online are blue. It was sold as a 25 gauge, but I am not sure. Are they color coded ?

Are you taking out some of the air before you invert it, then letting it suck air back in while it is?

Or are you using a syringe?

Are you taking out some of the air before you invert it, then letting it suck air back in while it is?

Or are you using a syringe?

Yes I am squeezing the bottle before applying and then letting the air out once it is in position. As soon as all of the air is gone, the Weldon just pours out. I don't have to squeeze the bottle at all.

With a bottle once it doesn't have a vacuum sucking air back in, it will pour out no matter what you do. A smaller needle may make that take longer to happen (air gets in slower), but i would probably get a syringe myself (having used a bottle). Either that or work faster.

I have what was also claimed to be a 25 gauge needle on a bottle (greenish base on it if i remember correctly) but it hasn't really helped me from putting drips in places i didn't want them. At least it was only a sump, not a huge display tank.

Back