Weldon3 on acrylic tank experience?

m0nkie

I have an old tank that got sun damaged and front panel is leaking. on both sides. tank is 2x2x4. leaking from halfway point.

i strapped the tank down and used Weldon 3 inside and outside. several times. the tank is not leaking anymore.

Question:
Anyone with previous experience using Weldon3 on acrylic tank? Will this hold? or is it going to be a short temporary thing?

Planning to use it outdoor for some oversized gold fish. Won't be too much damage even if it leaks. However, I am debating if i should plumb it to my existing outdoor tank. A leak then would cause some issue..

AUND5kt.jpg

k8EBgdv.jpg

2wN5BCP.jpg

Weldon3 on acrylic tank experience?

I did the same with an 180 gal tank I bough dirt cheap that was leaking from the whole rear panel at the bottom. The panel had basically come off from the bottom piece and I glued it with the thicker weld on I found not sure what number though. I let it dry for a couple of days and filled it up and waited and it leaked twice on me and I repeated the same thing until I got it to stop. It looked messy but it worked. II has been my sump for 8 years and no leaks [emoji1317][emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice. good to hear they last. I let it dry for 24 hours and water testing. so far so good.

I let mine sit for a week in the garage completely full just to make sure, of course being paranoid I even covered the whole seam with a super thick bead of silicone. [emoji1787][emoji1787] maybe overkill but I didn't want to undo all the plumbing once setup. So I've gotten my money's worth from the repair I did lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one tank with a loose seam and used weldon with an acrylic rod which held for the last 6 years. It's outside in direct sun for aquaponics.

Back