well i went to Greenwich aquaria

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtc1966

so i was taking my daughter to captains cove in Bridgeport today( side note note worth the drive) and since i was already that far figured i would go over to Greenwich aquaria and see the dragon face pipefish they had hoping that i was misquoted at 45$. that was not the case it was listed at 45$ .

let me say this store is extremely clean and most likely very high rent but i was not going to pay 45$ for a 20$ fish it was also small and not as colorful as some ive seen online.

but i was there and when the kid asked if i needed any help i asked if they do any discounts for CTARS he said whats that . my daughter explained and he said no and walked away apparently through with me.
i waited a few minutes and asked if 45 was the best they could do on the pipefish . answer was thats what its listed at so yes.

need less to say i left with out the fish. while the store is beautiful i just did not get a good vibe from the workers like maybe my wallet was just not full enough for them . i was also surprised to see two beautiful yellow kuda seahorses in a tank with large anemone's and large spiny urchins .

i guess they were doing okay but just not the right set up to portray to potential buyers i.mo

We went there a couple weeks ago and had a wonderful experience. The prices were a bit high but they had more to choose from than any other lfs around here. We spoke to the owner and he was very nice. Sorry you did not get a good vibe maybe you just didn't speak to the right person....

Not busting on you mike but 45 for a fish that costs 20 plus shipping sounds like a deal even at that price

They are all rude there. They make their money maintaining tanks and selling super marked up fish to people who have enough cash not to care.

When we went there, we picked up a leather coral marked for a price we weren't going to pay for 25 dollars. Was worth the trip for us, but yes, the prices are quite high

Not busting on you mike but 45 for a fish that costs 20 plus shipping sounds like a deal even at that price

No problem we all have different views on deals. i know i am a reefer on a budget (cheap) so i always shop around for my best price. if the fish had stunning color pattern on it i may of bit the bullet .

Agreed...

To add, almost every, if not all photos seen on Internet sites are enhanced, if even slightly... Fish are not like corals, a healthy fish, will look exactly the same as the next... Maybe a little different pattern of course, and lighting plays a huge roll in the vibrancy in their colors and how they appear to our eyes...

I'm not sure I can blame a store owner for getting annoyed when people ask for lower prices... I'm sure they get it a lot... And it's kinda silly... I know folks that will always ask joe at PC if he can do better, when his prices are great to begin with... It's retail, not really a place to try and negotiate... Not sayin Greenwich isn't high priced at all... Jus that I understand where they maybe coming from...

I do hope u get that fish however, you have a great display to house them in :) And I do understand reefing on a budget :beer:

Neal there are actually two different locations this fish come from Indonesia and Fiji . Fiji being slightly higher priced. that may account for slightly different coloration.
this is what i want color wise.
p-89287-dragonface-pipe.jpg

Dude if you were willing to pay $35 why not just pay $40 and have your dream fish? You were already there. Now you either have to waste gas driving around to find one, or pay online shipping.

I don't know who is more lame- you for complaining about the price of a fish, or me for contributing to this thread on a beautiful Saturday morning. Good luck finding your fish.

so i guess fallowing this logic when i got my seahorses i should of purchased them from the store that sells them for 150$ and been happy to get them instead of finding another store that sold them for 35 $
go over pay be happy i myself will continue to shop around.

so i guess fallowing this logic when i got my seahorses i should of purchased them from the store that sells them for 150$ and been happy to get them instead of finding another store that sold them for 35 $
go over pay be happy i myself will continue to shop around.

it seems like you have been shopping around for awhile. iv read a few threads with you on it looking for this fish. 150 is a long way from 35 but 40 is pretty dang close to 35. if this is a fish you have set your heart on i know if i were you (and i am also on a budget) i would have scooped it up. but good luck with your search. hope you find it at the price you are looking for. and if you do feel free to say told you so :frog:

You're the consumer Mike, you are the customer and the customer is always right. I think had they let the fish go for say 30 bucks or 35 instead of you walking away unhappy, you'd be instantly a repeat customer. Just goes to show business practices of certain companies. This is not a hobby that you turn away business in, because pretty much every customer is a repeat customer if they're happy. A good LFS is few and far between.

You're the consumer Mike, you are the customer and the customer is always right. I think had they let the fish go for say 30 bucks or 35 instead of you walking away unhappy, you'd be instantly a repeat customer. Just goes to show business practices of certain companies. This is not a hobby that you turn away business in, because pretty much every customer is a repeat customer if they're happy. A good LFS is few and far between.

notice that he said KID meaning just some kid that works there probably part time. who actually does not care about the shop most likely. had he talked to the owner im pretty sure he would have walked away with the fish. when we went there the only person we talked to was the owner and i was able to get a $75 leather for $25. i wouldnt put the entire store down and decredit it just because ONE person had a bad exprience ONCE.

notice that he said KID meaning just some kid that works there probably part time. who actually does not care about the shop most likely. had he talked to the owner im pretty sure he would have walked away with the fish. when we went there the only person we talked to was the owner and i was able to get a $75 leather for $25. i wouldnt put the entire store down and decredit it just because ONE person had a bad exprience ONCE.

wait didnt you just say i should of paid the 45 asking price for the fish yet you paid 25 for a 75 leather:hmm6:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back