Well it finally happened, kalk overdose

A sea K

My 1.1 ml dosing pumps were running way too much trying to keep up with the kalk delivery so I switched to a Toms Aqualifter. Here is where I screwed up, while resetting the timer I inadvertently set one of the settings to run from 12:00 am to 12:01 pm or 12 hours instead of 1 min.

Went to check out how much kalk was dispensed this morning and realized the container was empty. Took me a little bit to figure out what happened and in hindsight am glad I did not re-fill the container yesterday so fortunately I only dumped a little over a gallon in an 80 gal display system so I'm hoping not to have too bad of an issue.

Been there, done that! What is your current Alk level? I would probably just not dose at all for a few days (or weeks?) to allow the level to drop back to your target range by itself.

Been there, done that. Anyone that doses has had it happen one time or another.

In your case I would measure what your ALK is and just let it fall on its own. kalk is pretty benign as far as the chemicals one can dose. I wouldn't expect anything more then some cloudy water for a few days, and maybe some precip on the glass or heater.

Over the past couple weeks I have been dumping Kalk slurry and dripping about a gallon of full solution a day to see what it does to some dino.

Anyway, been aiming for 8.4+ and have had several voyages to 8.6+ and one to 9.

Has not hurt anything, dkh was 9.6 this morning.

Back