what anemone do I have and im intrested in getting a bubble tip

nlehe12

I have acquired this anemone and I was told its a long tentacle, how ever I think it is not. it eats my fish!! I have to feed him krill. I am wanting a bubble tip so my clown fish can host in it and it wont eat my other fish(I am hoping?) Can anyone tell me what kind it is and will a bubble tip be easier/ what I think I am wanting please help!!

That is definitely not a long tentacle anemone. I'm no expert but that looks like a tube anemone and it will eat fish. You might have better luck in getting an exact identification if you post in the anemone subforum.

I have acquired this anemone and I was told its a long tentacle, how ever I think it is not. it eats my fish!! I have to feed him krill. I am wanting a bubble tip so my clown fish can host in it and it wont eat my other fish(I am hoping?) Can anyone tell me what kind it is and will a bubble tip be easier/ what I think I am wanting please help!!

Yeah no surprise with the fish-eating there. Sea anemones are carnivores after all. Practically any sea anemone you can get will eat fish if able.

Will a bubble tip be easier to take care of

Yes, bubble tips are pretty hardy and easy to care for. With that being said what type of lighting do you have, what size tank and how long has your tank been up and running?

I'm the weat side of indiana. And its a 29 biocube I've had it for 2 years and I bought it from someone. Everything is the same on it as it comes new I have an extra power head on the opposite side as the built in return.

It's a Cerianthus ,a non photosynthetc tube anemone. It will eat small fish. I have several to fill in unlit spots in one of my tanks.

Back