What brand of salt is best for your beef?

BrianD

Sir Brian The Lenient
Staff member
RC Mod
I know that long-time beefers are loyal to their favorite brand of salt. I have considered the old standby, Instant Barnyard, but I have heard it can create elevated cholesterol in your beef. All these choices are confusing. I think we should fund a salt study to evaluate all the different beef salts.

BrianD

Sir Brian The Lenient
Staff member
RC Mod
Oh, and I also want to know whether or not garlic salt is really best to keep your beef healthy and happy.

BrianD

Sir Brian The Lenient
Staff member
RC Mod
I do know we can't use the same person we used last time for the salt study. He ate all the beef.

smoothdog

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12228541#post12228541 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scrmbld33
i use sea salt in the grinder, no garlic

Don't you worry about hitch hikers and contaminants from that sea salt? You don't want bugs in your beef!

SDguy

Fish heads unite!
Premium Member
images%5Cproducts%5C57194.jpg

....because I like my salt to be as "all-in-one" as possible, since I hate adding things to get the correct levels. PS - costco size....even cheaper than DFS :D

scrmbld33

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12228642#post12228642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SDguy
images%5Cproducts%5C57194.jpg

....because I like my salt to be as "all-in-one" as possible, since I hate adding things to get the correct levels. PS - costco size....even cheaper than DFS :D

man that looks good, i have to find that