What Brand Tank is This?

lp684

Sorry if this isnt the right forum didnt see one for tank ID's
I found this on craigslist but the guy isnt being too helpful I can see a brand logo on the front can anyone identify the brand of this tank? Its 60" long thats all the info i have...

Attachments

• 00u0u_g4r32UFqO9p_600x450.jpg
    00u0u_g4r32UFqO9p_600x450.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
If the seller is not willing to answer simple questions, I would run the other direction!

+1 to this comment. Not answering basic questions probably means they are a re-seller, and have no idea about what they are selling.

well its a damn pretty tank and asking $500, looks like its about 180 gallons considering the height based on a 60" length... the non reef-ready is actually preferred as long as the bottom glass isnt tempered, then i have free reign over how i want that aspect to be done. whats wrong with a re-seller?? in some cases that makes it an even better deal because they dont know what they have!

not sure about it being an AGA the logo doesnt look the same

why do you care what brand it is? you arnt going to be able to figure out if its temp glass based on brand, you need to know when it was made and everything

If the seller is not willing to answer simple questions, I would run the other direction!

If he's not willing to disclose, whats he hiding?

why do you care what brand it is? you arnt going to be able to figure out if its temp glass based on brand, you need to know when it was made and everything

For a custom looking tank, I'd want to know the manufacturer, make and yes is it tempered and on what sides.

I want to research the exact tank i'm buying, its an hour drive from where I live... Sorry for coming to an open message forum about fish tanks and getting **** on for asking a simple question LOL oops my bad

"if hes not willing to disclose, whats he hiding"
This is a craigslist sale therefore I will be able to see it in person and test it out lol, its not a blind buy... I think this guy acquired the tank and doesn't know about it

I want to research the exact tank i'm buying, its an hour drive from where I live... Sorry for coming to an open message forum about fish tanks and getting **** on for asking a simple question LOL oops my bad

"if hes not willing to disclose, whats he hiding"
This is a craigslist sale therefore I will be able to see it in person and test it out lol, its not a blind buy... I think this guy acquired the tank and doesn't know about it

I was just wondering what you where looking to get out of finding out the brand name. Im not giving you a hard time I just dont think you will gain much info from just getting brand name.

Based on the bow in the tank I would guess its an acylic tank

I've seen these tanks before. They are actually bent glass. Made in Asia and imported into the U.S. from China. One such company is called Oceanson Aquarium and is only available at one store that I know of.

This tank appears to be one manfuctured by Minjiang Aquarium. It appears to be the "Eight Star R9 Arch Aquarium Tank" but I could be wrong.

I'm a bit confused though. We can clearly see the brand name on the front of the tank, we just can't read it because it's blurry in the photo. Are you telling us that the seller won't tell you what it says?

I did a google search on that tank name/manufacturer and can't find a single US retailer online that sells them. I believe its the 449L (118 gal) based on the length measurement the guy gave me though. trying to find out if its tempered and how much its worth

The stand is beautiful. I'm guessing it's worth the drive and well over $500, stop waiting time before you miss out!

I won't have the extra $$ until next week. so I'm not even gonna bother calling until i have cash in hand so there is less disappointment if it sells lol. this is also why its been hard to get answers, only communication is via text so far

Having multiple tanks over the years, I wouldn't get a tank if it wasn't a reef ready tank. They make things so much easier as well as piece of mind that you're not going to wake up or come home from work with a flood on your hands if your over flow siphon crapped out.

Some mfg's publish specs on standard tanks which indicate what panels are tempered or if the bottom is tempered. Knowing the mfg can be helpful.

Having multiple tanks over the years, I wouldn't get a tank if it wasn't a reef ready tank. They make things so much easier as well as piece of mind that you're not going to wake up or come home from work with a flood on your hands if your over flow siphon crapped out.

That's why most knowledgeable people that select a standard tank, don't install a HOB siphon box. There's a few superior options like drilling the tank for an overflow box, or ghost overflow kit.

Back