What can I do with my Seaclone 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha, ashtray mod.... that's a good one.... wouldn't it melt the acrylic?

We could mod the acrylic with an aluminum flashing material to make it heat proof. It should only take $200 worth of aluminum, heat sensitive glue and 73 man hours. But by god when we get through it will be the best damn seaclone ash tray EVER!!

i got my seaclone in mid to late 90s and paid less then 100 bucks for it, yes i had to do a bit of tweaking to get it to perform optimally but it did produce skimmate before i ever modded anything. when i got my ER CS12-2 i paid about a grand for it, I've also made mods to it (as has ER in their designs), not every skimmer is perfect in it's design, they all can use a few different mods here and there to make them better.

i don't debate there are allot better skimmers out there to be had v/s the seaclone this day and age, but back in the days the seaclone came to the market, there were very few in the same price range and even some of the much higher priced skimmers were less then desirable. the seaclone was competing with the then very popular skilter and believe it or not, it was a better skimmer.

if you've got a seaclone and you need a skimmer for a small to mid sized system it's well worth the minimal effort to do a few mods and save yourself buying a new skimmer when you've already got one on hand that can be made to do a decent job.

kc

i never said you couldnt mod it kc.

you are the one that suggested that rustybucket and i were incapable to mod the thing. im not sure why you think that, are we less intellegent or physically handicapped?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9299300#post9299300 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by douggiestyle
i never said you couldnt mod it kc.

you are the one that suggested that rustybucket and i were incapable to mod the thing. im not sure why you think that, are we less intellegent or physically handicapped?

you inclined it's only use was as an ashtray, and to Rustbucket it was "a MAJOR pain and otherwise useless" but truth is it's a dang good skimmer when minimal time and effort are put forth to correct a few flaws, without the necessity of the mods it's a decent skimmer for a 75 or less gallon tank with a modest bio-load and the both of you comment otherwise, that to me leaves the fault in YOU. i didn't question your intelligence or insinuate you were physically incapable of the mods, maybe you're just to lazy to do it seeing you also said "actually i lied. i didn't even expend the energy to through away."

kc

Hey guys did some more modding to the seaclone check it out

the prop

l_d73f93fabb1aa2b4f925f96a7c1450cf.jpg

and today after I got home from work!!!

l_4d0aceed00f1c4f1e909655d90d8def3.jpg

looks like I did somthing right.. finally after nearly giving up on the seaclone its working great and no microbubbles

well youve cinched it for me kc. ive given you every opportunity to come clean. but now youve reduced yourself once again to name calling. its funny how you read "dougs making fun of me" into every one of my posts. its funny, a simple "haha lets get back to the mod" would have worked wonders for you.

btw azboostin... i glad it worked for you. when i bought my seaclone i was in the worst shape financially. the lfs had conviced me that purchasing a skimmer would solve many of my tank problems. he recomended the seaclone. as you can imagine i was very disheartened to find that i had wasted my money on the seaclone. i tinkered and created bubble traps for it (my own idea). installed new valves, tubing, even rigged a different power head. these where all things i came up with on my own. i had no idea how a skimmer worked. in fact i had never really new what one did until the lfs mentioned it to me. but i had seen them in magazines when i was younger and so i thought, buying this thing was moving into the big league. so again, im not to fond of the seaclone. to have one running in my tank would be to much of an honor for the manufacturer. but that is only my opinion. and someday it may change.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9301024#post9301024 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by douggiestyle
well youve cinched it for me kc. ive given you every opportunity to come clean. but now youve reduced yourself once again to name calling. its funny how you read "dougs making fun of me" into every one of my posts. its funny, a simple "haha lets get back to the mod" would have worked wonders for you.

my sincerest apologies that your immature postings and inability to offer informative responses to the question at hand have left you with the overwhelming feeling that 'everybody is picking on me' i fail to see any name calling on my end, agreeing that you might be lazy I'm guilty of, and I'll try to refrain from posting any comment that you'll take as threatening to your masculinity or a challenge to your intellect

@azboostin, glad to see you got it to work without the necessity to turn it into an ashtray or toss it out.

kc

there you go again kc.
there is no reason for your remarks. ive made absolutly no comments on your gender choice, activity level or intellegence/skill.

you should take your anger somewhere else.

no anger here, you came into this thread posting with absolutely nothing at all to add to it other then a comment I'd expect from a kid and then you get all testy when someone challenges you to contribute to the thread in a useful manner.

kc

i only paid 15 bucks for my seaclone and i plan to do some of these mods to make it work better. i work alright for now but better is better!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9301238#post9301238 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dragon_slayer
no anger here, you came into this thread posting with absolutely nothing at all to add to it other then a comment I'd expect from a kid and then you get all testy when someone challenges you to contribute to the thread in a useful manner.

kc

there you go again. displaying yourself as what you accuse me of.

i will admit that i did not add much to the mod question unless you would like a seaclone ashtray. though ive posted some usefull information on what skimmer not to buy. i also added some humor.

what have you added. mosty hatefull comments. ive been nothing but on the deffensive when it comes to your need to bully others (mostly myself). ive not once taken an aggressive stance nor, and again i must reiterate, have i ever insulted you with name calling? and i wont start. i wonder how you treat others in different threads. is this your mo here at reef central? relentlessly abusing others who make jokes that you dislike.

Doug you're absolutely scared to death of the truth and have such insecurities that are way beyond this thread. you call it a joke that you told someone asking for help to make an ashtray out of it and then later that it wasn't even worth the effort to toss in the trash, yet that user took the other responses that gave Useful information and made his Seaclone work.

kc

he bought it and now he wants to mod it to work better. i have read people buying $600 skimmers and still moding them to work better. every one is trying to help not just him but people like me who have them also and wants to know what mods we can do besides turning them into ashtrays.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9302202#post9302202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by customcolor
he bought it and now he wants to mod it to work better. i have read people buying $600 skimmers and still moding them to work better. every one is trying to help not just him but people like me who have them also and wants to know what mods we can do besides turning them into ashtrays.

its one thing to improve something and make it work better. its another to buy something and have to completely redesign it to make it work at all.

im sure that in a heavily loaded, fish only tank, the sea clone would give favorable results as is. i believe that is what it was designed for. and if i ever buy a $600 skimmer come to my house and hit me in the head with a bat.

Why is it almost every post discussing a skimmer, ends up with people ****ed off at each other :)

This goes to prove that "skimmers are the root of all evil"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back