What coral to buy

reefman1234

Hello i am coming back into the hobby after a couple of months break. What coral should i get, i want something cheap, great for beginners, needs minimal work and has movement and bright colour. Please help in giving me suggestions

Always a big fan of rainbow cloves, also called disco or fireworks. About as easy a coral as there is.

rainbow_cloves.jpg

That one is pretty easy. Depending on lights leather corals are pretty easy as well.

It depends on what colors your going for. I’m always a fan of neon green nepthea, and green star polyps (though keep the GSP isolated as it can take over). I also like the Colt Corals and maybe a corky finger gorgonian. I’d stick with soft corals for easiness. Green toadstools as well (especially the long polyp/weeping willow varieties). Many mushrooms are easy as well (and there’s nice varieties and colors depending (from basic greens and red to ones like OG Bounce, Sunkist bounce, etc) - some of these can be relatively invasive. I also like pulsing Xenia and Kenya trees (but both are also an invasive coral if not kept in check)

It depends on what colors your going for. I’m always a fan of neon green nepthea, and green star polyps (though keep the GSP isolated as it can take over). I also like the Colt Corals and maybe a corky finger gorgonian. I’d stick with soft corals for easiness. Green toadstools as well (especially the long polyp/weeping willow varieties). Many mushrooms are easy as well (and there’s nice varieties and colors depending (from basic greens and red to ones like OG Bounce, Sunkist bounce, etc) - some of these can be relatively invasive. I also like pulsing Xenia and Kenya trees (but both are also an invasive coral if not kept in check)
Thankyou for your imput

any thing bright is my color theme

That is a bit too far from me. You should get good prices on corals there maybe. Kinda curios how much the coral is and fishes in your area.

That is a bit too far from me. You should get good prices on corals there maybe. Kinda curios how much the coral is and fishes in your area.
Yeah a bit to far i don't know what coral cost over there so i don't know if it is cheap of expensive in comparisons zoas are around $10 AUD and i would say the mid point is about $50-$70 AUD otherwise

Back