What Damsel is This?

griss

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
Couldn’t pass it up. $10 at Petco. Beautiful and peaceful little fish.

Attachments

• 1443C5F5-9D7F-43BF-AEA1-13C31B319349.jpeg
    1443C5F5-9D7F-43BF-AEA1-13C31B319349.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
I was going to say Azure but i don't think they have yellow on the top fin like yours does.

I was going to say Azure but i don't think they have yellow on the top fin like yours does.
Yeah, that threw me off too. In all my years in the hobby, I’ve been more an invert/sps person. Never been big into the fish. So, I really don’t know much about the fish side of the hobby.

Another pic

Attachments

• B13614BF-8ED0-4CC1-B0E6-9C4B998D9138.jpeg
    B13614BF-8ED0-4CC1-B0E6-9C4B998D9138.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
My local salt water fish store wants me to buy Azure Damsels. She has a school of ten for me. I am a beginner and have a 200 gallon tank presently with adult matched pair 2 clowns and 1 coral beauty 2-1/2 - 3 " size. She says they are very peaceful Damsels. DO you think this is a good idea or to aggressive ?

Azures are known to be more on the peaceful side from my research. I looked at getting a small school of them but decided to focus on nutrient stabilization first

Azures are known to be more on the peaceful side from my research. I looked at getting a small school of them but decided to focus on nutrient stabilization first
Actually, I just realized the Damsel's she got for me are Arnaz Damselfish, not Azures. Sorry. Are the Arnav's less aggressive? They are smaller. Thanks !

Actually, I just realized the Damsel's she got for me are Arnaz Damselfish, not Azures. Sorry. Are the Arnav's less aggressive? They are smaller. Thanks !
A quick search resulted in finding they are one of the less aggressive Damsel species, but the like a lot of hiding places and caves to sleep in.

Back