What did you get @ IMAC?

casademurphy

So, I haven't seen a thread yet about what people actually got (if anything) at IMAC, so here goes. I don't know what these are, but I bought them because I thought they looked cool. If you guys know what they are, let me know. :D

DSC_1537wtmk.jpg

DSC_1553wtmk.jpg

DSC_1561wtmk.jpg

DSC_1562wtmk.jpg

No pics.. just got home and dipping the frags... just a few and nothing to crazy.. Atl Strawberry patch monti, Rainbow monti, and won a ORA Indigo stag frag from the raffles.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15462690#post15462690 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TrojanScott
Got a frag of purple deaths for a good price, but man, what a bomb that place was.

So what do you mean by "what a bomb"? Are you saying it was under your expectations?

There were some really nice pieces at awesome prices. The fact that there werent very many people was awesome for those who came beacuse they had the "pick of the litter" on all the dope frags. I myself only bought one frag because my new tank's not really up to par yet, but Danny (Paramecium) got some very nice frags at great prices!

I cant wait for Reef-A-Palooza in October! Starting to save $$$ now :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15464057#post15464057 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jadams

I cant wait for Reef-A-Palooza in October! Starting to save $$$ now :D

I skipped this one so I could do just that... save $$ for more frags later. Was just wondering if this is the one I should have gone to.
;)

Most vendors I spoke to said it was "dead" and that the event wasn't properly advertised. There were barely any people there on Sunday, and one vendor told me, "it's been this way the whole weekend." Where it might have been nice to walk around without the crowd, I can tell you the vendors weren't too jazzed about it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15464230#post15464230 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TrojanScott
Most vendors I spoke to said it was "dead" and that the event wasn't properly advertised. There were barely any people there on Sunday, and one vendor told me, "it's been this way the whole weekend." Where it might have been nice to walk around without the crowd, I can tell you the vendors weren't too jazzed about it.

thats true.. but i think all our frags tank would have tipped over if we had heavy traffic.. lol

I still had fun throughout the weekend, partly because I wasn't sober throughout the weekend. :bum:

i traded some stuff and spent $90, came out with all this..

sps:
sick sps colony from lighthouse aquatics, looks so fake like it's been painted.
purple monster
Halloween milli
pink jade
garf unknown
joker's revenge
reverse ponape birdnest

zoas:
orange japanese deepwaters
toxic green
chong bongs
electric boogaloos
martian pe

I spent about $80 and got

An unknown acro frag from Garrett. Said he didn't have a name for it yet.

Ponape Birdsnest frag.

Green Stylo

Mini colony of purple birdsnest

Pink Lemonade Pocillopora from Fantastic Frags

Small little piece of what someone was selling as Reverse Red Planet. He had a little piece that he sold me for $5.

Two different Zoos.

One blue with yellow rings and some normal bright yellow little guys. I'll post pics later.

I spent about the same as i did @ the last MAX and got way more, sunday/ mid day was so dead that vendors seemed to be making great deals. I filled my small cooler and actually had to use an extra "reef nutrition" bag to carry what wouldnt fit in the cooler.

I got
acropora kimbensis(sp)
seasons greetings monti
and a lunar eclipse
unfortunatly I woke up this morning I woke up and both sps were bleached
not to happy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15464871#post15464871 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AJDuran
I got
acropora kimbensis(sp)
seasons greetings monti
and a lunar eclipse
unfortunatly I woke up this morning I woke up and both sps were bleached
not to happy

Need me to help you rehabilitate it? My SPS are rockin' in my tank.

I'll be alright tank is healthy the season's greeting was because I did a stupid move and put it next to a chalice. The acro just bleached I'll be fine

Got there really late on Sunday, but was able to work out some sweat deals on a couple pieces: Rainbow Monti, Crayola Acro

My buddy got some Umi Blue Xenia and is going to frag some for me when it grows out. Yes, it was a disappointing turnout but I was glad to be there to support the hobby, vendors and event. On the flip side, odds of winning raffle items were fantastic. Keeping fingers crossed that IMAC West will be held again next year.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15467360#post15467360 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FOSELONE
damn Esther you got skills...nice shots...

Dude, thanks! I'm learning day by day. It's a process, I have to admit. :)

I won the Neo Nano tank in the raffle. :D And also a bucket of the new Seachem salt.

I also picked up a bunch of corals: Frogspawn, duncans, mushroom, a couple of chalices, an acan and some zoas. All at awesome prices.

I caught Paul Whitby's aquascaping lecture on Sunday, which was well done. Picked up a very nice frag of, I think, A. echinata, a green birds nest, and two nice zoa frags.

It was really unbelievably slow.

Back