what do you guys feed your zoa's

wampuscat

Premium Member
I was just curious what everyone was feeding their tanks? I really have not fed my tank anything in the past, but I think my tank lacks in nutrition. What should I be feeding my tank? Most of my corals are zoa's, paly's and ric's. How about DT's, Kent Chromaplex and Kent Zooplex? Any help would be mighty Thankful

650-IS350

I used to feed a lot of phyto. but for zoanthus gigantus, palythoas and protopalys I feed soft sinking pellets that I crush up an put on their oral disks ( with all pumps off ).

jjmcat

I have been using the H2O brand coral food for everything but my lps.I feed them PE mysis.

Skeptic_07

one cube of frozen mysis (thawed), a pinch of dried cyclopeeze (soaked), 3ml kent phyto (pipetted), every day.

Mark426

Nothing, most zoa dont eat anything. I have maybe 25 different types and of those maybe 3 actually eat things. Feeding is just going to pollute your tank and not help them at all.

Skeptic_07

Remember.. palythoa and protopalythoa are both in the order Zoantharia and they definitely eat.

I also wanted to point out that i dont spot feed any of my polyps i just mix that stuff up in a little cup and squirt it into the current. The polyps catch plenty of stuff to eat.